Turret Network / Turret RC Controller

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Turret Network / Turret RC Controller

Postby LiddulBOFH » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:14 am

# Turret Network
I had this random, but potentially awesome, idea when I was running about, setting turrets up against minges.
It would take 5 EU's, and you could use a "Network Tool" (I guess you guys could add that, maybe?) to link the turrets to this network.
What it is to do is allow you to set the targets from the network, and it will update the list in the turrets with those targets.

# Turret RC Controller
First, have any of you played on NoxiousNet before?
Ever notice the turrets, with their lasers? The owner of the turret is able to control the turret, and make it shoot where he aims at.
This RC controller would do the same thing, except the turret disables when the user is done to "reboot."

I'm really hoping to see these talked about, and at the very least, considered.

Thanks for reading!
-Lidd

:EDIT:
Alright, I see people are hating the RC Controller, and I see how it would be wrong.
Last edited by LiddulBOFH on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiddulBOFH
Developer

Re: Turret Network / Turret RC Controller

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:54 pm

1: you can already program turrets to shoot certain targets.

2: pointless idea (sorry to be sturn) but i just dont think this idea is atall Postnukey and it would be miss-used alot. also i think it would create a shit ton of work just to get this idea to take effect.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 am

A turret network is unnecessary in my view because you can already set your turret to blacklist / whitelist mode using the L.O.S.T Turret Programmer. Just go do each one manually. :P
And I do not like the idea of an RC controlled turret.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:04 am

[TBU|FN] CrazyKid wrote:A turret network is unnecessary in my view because you can already set your turret to blacklist / whitelist mode using the L.O.S.T Turret Programmer. Just go do each one manually. :P
And I do not like the idea of an RC controlled turret.

The idea behind the Turret Network I think is so you can just link all the turrets you have together and update them instantly rather than flying around to each individual one. If its possible and easy I don't see why it couldn't be added, but I don't view it as an important addition so I'm not going to be sitting around shaking like a crack addict in anticipation for this one. And the RC Turret? Yeah... As already stated that's just begging for someone to abuse it. Besides Turrets have always been there for hands free defense and area control, you have personal weapons for your own defense.
CmdZoidberg

Postby Mitchy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 am

I like the idea of a turret network, if you could have turrets set on a channel (0-3, 0 being NONE). Basically you can set all of them up wirelessly and config their whitelist/blacklist.

As for the Remote Controlled one, it's asking for abuse, and it'll mean people will sit inside their base.

However, throwing up that idea. Security cameras might not be a bad concept if well implemented.
Mitchy

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:23 pm

We won't be doing remote controlled for sure. As it is, the turret is the base npc_turret_floor as it is, and I don't see us going and modifying it.

Turret network is a maybe for me, because I don't know if it should be that quick to set someone as an enemy/friend. Should take a bit to go to each one, I think. But I don't know. The convenience would probably be nice in a way, though.

Security camera's aren't a terrible idea, either, although I've had a lot of trouble getting the RT targets to render properly, so it'd have to move the viewport for a sec instead.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions