Exoskeleton

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Re: Exoskeleton

Postby Remnant John » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 pm

we generally try not to use other people's things without permission, including this model. eldar/lost would have to contact the maker of the model to get their permission
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:26 am

Also, the more models and textures we use the longer the download for new players.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Templer66 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:22 am

Alright so I had good Idea on this subject. Why not have the armor made of props on the players? I have seen it on other servers so I know it can be done.
Templer66

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:52 am

there are ways. things similar to using PAC3, but you would have to create the armour and make it so player only get to wear that.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Xanuch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Honestly, there's different terms for "exoskeleton" anyways when it comes down to the whole modeling. I've seen some intuitive outfits for PAC3-esque stuff, as well as my own share of things. You can even make something along the lines of THIS from Avatar (Not The Last Airbender) with a composite of models from Hl2. I'd gladly try a design in the build server that can just be converted into a SENT for that amp suit. Despite that, there's those stalker models too for overhaul (to step on toes copyright wise. People who has done lots of parodies know what I'm on about).

Royalties aside;

If there's gonna be balance to the whole idea of an enhancing suit that'll serve as a platform for doing guard duty, make it so it's like a vehicle. It takes a while to suit up in something like that, and even then it'll require some equipment and technology (from the combine?) to power such a thing. Basic tiers could just increase health and suit, possibly a minor setup of miscellaneous things like a better flashlight n stuff. Progression is continuous, not all at once.

For either an exoskelly of the stalker flavor, or an avatar war machine, I want to make sure it can't be simple. Making something like the Hindenburg wasn't a one man process, both design and construction, and it was a massive lurch in aeronautic progress. Why should making an exoskeleton that's (almost) combat ready? It should require parts from a scientist, engineer, scavenger, and even just a wastelander. A cultivator might just contribute with an air freshener of sorts, I don't know. I +1 this idea though, it should be nice to see some other thing stomping about that isn't jalopy/jeep/airboats for a change.

Iron man-esque exosuit as of when Iron man 2 was released. Here. Its flippin AMAZING.

And for reference, there's already exosuit stuff in the medical field for disorders and other motor impediments (love this kid) Linky
Xanuch

Postby CmdZoidberg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 am

I'd prefer something a little smaller than the Avatar exosuit. Something closer to the Natural Selection 2 exosuit would be more appropriate if you're going for a vehicle-esqe theme here. It's about 8 foot high so its still restricted for outside use, but not a goliath like the Avatar one. Although they do look very much alike.

CmdZoidberg

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:16 pm

This is a pretty epic idea- I'd like to see this- but there would have to be a certain limit- idk about a full blown exoskeleton or mech type suit- but an HEV suit of some sort is a lot more reasonable. I think it has to be a wastelander tool though- after all- he is supposedly the TANK of the classes, maybe we should emphasize this.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby Remnant John » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm

just use the CS:S playermodels? not sure if the devs would be able to restrict the playermodels
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Remnant John » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:57 pm

LOL HOW BOUT DIS GUISE Image

I THINK IT WULD BE SO COOL TO SEE THIS WALKIN AROUND HURR