storms

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

storms

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm

i mentioned this in my radiation suit idea but thought id make a seperate post on it.

Storms need to hurt for atleast 5hp of damage as there just brightly coloured screens atm, they dont really effect you much for hp loss only give you an annoying jolt. giving them a harsher hp loss would cause them to be something to actually avoid.

also making them less frequent. they come every like 10 mins atm and its just a pain in the ass. if they were to be made quite rare say every hour or something or have some kind of randomizer that is between 20 mins-2hours that it could happen in. having it quite rare would also balance nicely with having them do more damage as it means there really not something you'd like to be out in.

on a side note: less frequent would stop this awful lag that keep on happening that seem to be somehow related to the storms.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: storms

Postby LostInTheWired » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Firstly, everything can be set on the fly with variables. These are just the default settings.

Secondly, it is random. Default is a check every 15 minutes, 33% chance. They last from 3-10 minutes.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

i still stick to my idea of them being less frequent and more devastating. just seem to easy and not really something to worry about. during the storm i just wonder getting things that others arnt because there all inside.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:23 am

We don't know what we'll be setting the default to yet, and the different maps can have different settings. We'll just have to see if we can find a happy medium.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions