Radiation Suits

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Radiation Suits

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Now that you have radiation storms there should be some way to counter it.

Why not Radiation suits. make them quite hard to craft but they would be so useful.

I was thinking 2 items, a suit and a mask.

The suit: allowes the wearer to half the damage done by radiation aswell as delay the radiation hurt time.

the mask: allowes the wearer to go out side into the radiation with a set amount of air that will last a couple minutes, once air runs out the radiation will hurt you just the same.

combining these 2 items would make a great survival set and if your air runs out your suit will keep you alive till your back inside. also wearing both at once allows a set bonus to increase the duration that you air lasts.

mask air: the air in a mask could be simular to that of metro, when its gone you can go inside and it will refill pretty quick and your good to go again.

Also along with this idea id like to suggest that the radiation hurt can be made alittle worse. i mean when it first happened for me, i just stayed outside and watched the pretty colours, only took 16 hp before ending. pretty lame for a radiation storm :P perhaps rather than 1 hp every hurt it takes 5?

Even if you dont take on the suit idea id still like to see the radiation hurt more.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: Radiation Suits

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Radiation Storm damage also varries per class.
Wastelanders and Scavi's have a 1/5 chance to resist every radiation dmg hit.

If you rais your Wastelander skill it reduces your chance of taking any damage to the point at full skill you take no damage at all.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Well that idea can still stand, but id still like to see the damage from them go up to at least 5 if not worse.

Also we have noticed that the storms are abit too frequent, were having them every 10 mins on the server atm and its becoming annoying. they need top be more damage aswell as ALOT rarer.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Mitchy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 am

+1

I'd like to see this implemented too.

It could stop some of the whiners if you simply tell them to "Get a Radiation Suit and Suck it up".
Mitchy

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Mitchy wrote:+1

I'd like to see this implemented too.

It could stop some of the whiners if you simply tell them to "Get a Radiation Suit and Suck it up".

In a way, there is a rad suit, at least for Wastelanders. Their endurance skill can make them immune to the storms at max level, as well as, at base level, having a 1 in 5 chance to ignore damage from the timer. Scavengers also have that 1 in 5, but cannot improve it like the Wastelanders can.

The real issue with radiation suits is that it's not particularly realistic in many ways, but we have zombies and giant bugs, so it's kind of a moot point. It's an idea, but if implemented, we would have to find a way to make it so y ou weren't IMMUNE to storms, such as maybe like the filter timers in Metro 2033.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions