Moar Events

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Moar Events

Postby LiddulBOFH » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm

I had come up with 2 new events:
Antlion Invasion
Zombie Invasion

The antlion invasion would speed up the spawn rate of mounds, allow 2 guards per mound, and maybe allow more antlions.

The zombie invasion, I don't know how this will work :? . Maybe it will speed up the node spawns on zombies.

Tell me how you guys think!
LiddulBOFH
Developer

Re: Moar Events

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 pm

im not so sure this would work. certain maps like bunker would die in these situations, imagine 3-5 mounds and 2 guards to each mound in that little space on bunker. beleive me iv seen it happen... its not something youd like to rp to. and the spawnrates on bunker or atomic for zombies is allready pretty high, if it got any worse it would stop scavenging and wondering all together.

i suppose having a time where the spawn rate for antlion guards increases would be cool, but no need for mounds.

and i wouldn't mind an event where a certain zombie type is more common, like suddenly fast-zombies will become more common than other zombies and flood an area.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Mitchy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 am

-1 for Antlion.
+1 for Zombies.

However, needs a bit more of a backstory to it. Why are there more zombies? You can't just have the zombie population increase drastically without a valid reason for it.

I like the idea though and would like to see something like this.

As for the "small spaces", it could be an option for admins with the spawner toolgun to have "Allow Events to Increase/Change Spawn Rate" or something around the lines of that.
Mitchy

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Allow events might not be a bad idea. Adding columns SHOULDN'T mess anything up too much, although we'll probably have to wipe grids if we do it. I'll look at it.

At the same time, events don't HAVE to use the grids, the events are a fairly open system. They have access to the grids, but they can even have their own special grids. If you knew how to code, could even make it save with our grid ents (as long as you were careful to not set the map grid).

We just have to see what we can do to give admins the power to make their servers how they'd like.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Mitchy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:33 am

That's an even better idea.

Give events their on grid, that way it can be customised to each maps liking.
Mitchy

Return to PNRP Suggestions