Perks!

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Perks!

Postby Face » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 pm

If you've played PNRP, chances are you've played other post-apocalyptic games such as STALKER or Fallout. Which brings me to the idea I want to suggest: Perks! I can think of a few perks that could change the game for certain players willing to spend an amount of EXP on them, or if they meet certain requirements.

-Quick draw: Take out your weapon 25% faster (Requires level 3 weapon handling)
-Good with your hands: Able to construct items 30% quicker
-Used to it: Reduced damage to radiation
-Sneaky little bastard: Hides player name box when crouched.
-I already ate: Slower hunger decay
-I'm not tired: Slower endurance decay
-Zombie slayer: Deal 15% more damage to Zombies (Scales with weapon handling?)
-Path of the Shinobi: (Requires Sneaky little bastard) move faster while crouched by pressing SHIFT.
-Grabby hands: Able to grab ledges (requires level 2 athletics)
-Hardkour: (Requires level 4 athletics and Grabby hands) climb up walls for a short time with HANDS equipped
-Butter fingers: allows you to throw your knife (Requires level 4 weapon handling.)
-Tis but a scratch: regenerate health faster while indoors.
-Master Assassin: Disables stabbing and dying sound effect upon backstabbing an opponent. (Requires Sneaky little bastard, Path of the Shinobi, and level 5 athletics.)

Those are a few that I can think of. Perhaps the almighty devs will put this into consideration? In the meantime, I'll gradually add more and more perks that come to mind. You're more than welcome to add some, fellow forum-goers.
Face
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Perks!

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 am

THESE SOUND AWESOME. love the idea and would love even more for them to be implemented. it would bring a whole new level to the xp system allowing alot better perks, the more you play the better you'll be. Also linking it to need specific skill levels is genius.

my best ideas from these are all the sneaky, theivy, and parkour ones, luv em.

il give some a shot:

Big gut: gain more hunger back from eating (requires "i already ate")
Square eyes: Endurance fills 10% quicker while sleeping (requires "i'm not tired")
Quick fingers: reload 15% quicker (requires level 3 weapon handling)
Sharp metal: you knife does 25% more damage to all enemies (requires level 4 weapon handling"
keen senses: your perception increases allowing you to see better at night and makes items nearby you glow slightly.
Spring legs: all fall damage is halved (requires athletics 4)
pointy fingers: punching with hands hurts for 10 hp
Open up: knocking on doors is twice as loud and can be herd from a further range
long jump: you can jump 1.5% higher/further than usual (requires "spring legs")
heads up: falling onto someone's head from above will half your fall damage and hurt them for the other 5hp (requires athletics 2)
head stomper: falling onto an enemies head will hurt them for 15hp (requires "heads up")
long arms: can pickup items for 1.5X the normal reach (requires "Grabby Hands")
dont forget it: able to pickup knifes that have been thrown (requires "butter fingers")
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Face » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Not bad, but I think you should be able to pick up your own knife without a perk. Or perhaps the devs would implement that if you already have a knife, you can't pick up another one. Like pressing E on an already thrown knife would say "You already have a knife!", but I see how some of these can pair with the perks I made really well (such as Spring legs and Long jump combined with Grabby Hands and Hardkour). However, in all honesty, I think that Pointy fingers is a bit useless in the long run. Especially if you have a knife and (possibly) a gun. Other than that the other perks you added are great ideas. :D
Face
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:54 pm

lol pointy fingers was just a laugh. i mean you could become a major bully using that perk xD.

picking up your knife perk was as you realized to stop others being able to get the knife thrown, but your idea to have other not be able to would work better in the long run.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:41 pm

They're pretty cool, some of 'em for sure. It's really not a simple system though. This is a system that would touch nearly every file, which is just insane, but I see where you're going with it. Honestly, we don't know. From the beginning, we've tried to separate ourselves from Fallout a bit. We don't want to be a Fallout gamemode, you know? We'll consider it still though.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions