Sharing things

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Sharing things

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 am

This post is in a way a link to my other post on locker sharing http://radioactivecricket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=695

So the buddy list. Great for allowing friends to move allmost anything of theres that they want, helping you out or just general use, But what if it can be better?

i was thinking that on the buddy list there could be a few tick boxes:

□ Can use Vendor (right so obvious one, allows them to edit the vender in the same mannor that you can, so placing in items and taking out)
□ Can physgun props (normal buddy use, moving your props around)
□ can gravgun props (able to grav gun your objects, im not sure if they can do this now on buddy or not anyways :S)
□ can use locker (links to my locker idea, link above)
□ can use tools (able to use your owned workbench, turn on your miners without them needing to own it, feed and group your grubs without need of owning and so on)

i think the tools one is the main idea id like to see in some way, making people own in just to use it and taking back owner ship can be a pain.

So tell me what you think, allowing the buddy option to be more defined would help better the server and its uses in my opinion, how easy it is to do i dont know, but its a good idea non the less id say.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: Sharing things

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm

1. Not sure if we will have shared vendor control access, will have to think on that one.
2. Allready part of it
3. You can gravgun anything owned or not.
4. Shared Locker, probably not, it would make the Community Locker less relevant. This is acually the reson we made the community locker.
5. Tool restiction based on wonership has been largly removed from ost tools. If there are still some tools that will not let non-owners access them, let me know.

Further explination on 5:
The reson we removed ownership checks from tools is to allow classes to be "hired" to operate the tool, or maintain it without owning or beeing put on the buddy list. Reson we went with this instead of adding it to the buddy system is to allow people who you would not normally trust with full or greater access to be payed for their services.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm

1,2 and 3 fair enough.

4: the reason this would be good is to have say only one friend be allowed access. I wouldn't mind Jamie getting my best belongings. But I would never put them in community locker for anyone in my group to be allowed.

5: if you own the workbench Noone else can use it unless they own it. Also your explination wouldn't work for miners and worms. And there the 2 main thing I think need some kind of buddying.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Worms it may not work with, but I dont see a reason why it would not work for miners. You would have to pay a scavi to come along and turn it on for you, or to fix it.

As for items like the Workbench, will have to consider if thats something we want to do.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions