this and that

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

this and that

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Ok so a few ideas and stuff that im thinking bout.

Grub Food losses: So if you load up your grubs with 5 food each and then a map vote is placed right after its anooying that all that food just gets lost.
Now there are 2 things im suggesting for this one, one most likely easier than the other.
- make it so you can take back food that you have placed in.
- make the food in a grub copy over on map change, (this one will be harder if not impossible)

Grub Food Price: the cost for grub food is mental. it costs 350 chemicals just to make 10 food so you can mate 2 grubs, and its not even a great chance that those grubs will make a baby atall. i think 35 chems for grub food is over the top a little.
- i would suggest 10-10-20 for food, or 25 chems at the max.

Breaking into tools: So i suggested the other day to add sme way of breaking into cars, im fairly sure i had no reply on that post.... anyways my suggestion here is to have some kind of lockpick you can make for breaking into things, i mean people can place all sorts of things, workbenches, cars, grubs and all sorts, and if you raid them best you can do is kill the worms and loot the locker or stock.
Giving a way to break into miners and cars and other tools to make them become owned by you or world owned would be cool.
- Breaking into peoples owned tools to make them become world owned so you can get them.
- the breaking is quite loud and it takes a very long time depending on the size and expense of the thing your trying to get.

That is all for now, im always coming up with things though.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: this and that

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Sorry to not post about the lockpick idea, I had gotten side tracked after reading it and had forgotten about it.

Breaking into cars, thats a maybe, if we do this it would be like stockpiles and such. I do not really see making it so people can acually loose items though. We have to balance how risky something is with safty.

Brug food price, that we will look into. The problem with pre version 49 is that grubs made the whole gamemode unbalanced. All anyone had to do would be to keep a few "seed" grubs and swap over to Science class every now and then to be set for resources.
Also, keep in mind, the more something cost to make, the more you get when salvaging the object.

Your first suggestion is a bit hard on two counts.
1. Havign the grub retain its food on a map change would not work with our current method of trackign inventory and such. While not impossible to be done, it would involve a compleat overhaul of the inventory system. (Aka, a lot of coding and time)

2. Getting a refund on food before the map resets, that is tricky in a few ways. One thing, currently, the votemap system is not acually built into pnrp, Postman built it as a plugin and so it does not directly work with the gamemode yet.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:37 pm

could you not just allow food from grubs to be taken back at any time when accessing the menu.

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm

I've always thought that stealing cars and tools would be a good addition, and something I'd like to add. It's all about balance though. Stealing tool items would be a great addition, adding risk and making people fight to keep their bases and tools secure. The only issue is how we'd design that aspect. We haven't talked about it seriously for some time, so maybe we'll look back into it.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:10 pm

another idea: considering there needs to be risk but still safety. how about having the usual breaking into a tool slow but also add craftable locking devices which can be attached to all these things making breaking into a tool 3 times harder?

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP Suggestions