Constant Backstabbing

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Constant Backstabbing

Postby Sethxi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 am

Yesterday I lost about half of all 3 resources due to rdmers. I think we should do something like, people cant harm players with the knife until they've been on the server for about 15 minutes or so. I'm constantly getting backstabbed, and at the same time, other people are getting backstabbed, and all the admins can't handle it all. Then it all just results in shitloads of 1 week or perma bans.
Sethxi

Re: Constant Backstabbing

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 am

I actually agree with you here.

This actually gives me an idea. How about having it so you don't start with a knife but instead you need to make the knife. It wont cost so much and it should require some sort of part.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Sethxi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:48 am

That would work too, I'm just tired of people fucking backstabbing me and me losing all of my resources, this always happens while i'm typing, or adjusting things in the tool menu, or just not looking behind me. Atleast you can look around while you're scavenging xD
Sethxi

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:51 am

Yeh totaly agree.

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 am

Fists don't work on NPCs, I think then first recommendation would work out better.
As for parts for a knife, what do you even need? xD scrap metal and a little handle of wood or something, which comes from mats
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Sethxi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 am

Remnant John wrote:Fists don't work on NPCs, I think then first recommendation would work out better.
As for parts for a knife, what do you even need? xD scrap metal and a little handle of wood or something, which comes from mats

It would probably be like, 5 scrap, 1 small part, and 1 chemical or something like that. I'm actually thinking of what a knife would need.
Sethxi

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:27 am

not being able to knife for about 15 mins is an ok idea. but you wont have any self defence if your NOT the one RDMing.

Now having to scavenge in order to create a knife would be the best way to do it i think. not alot, something like seth said but more sp than scrap as its only a small thing. so like 5-10-5.

with that idea you could then decide, could everyone make one? or would only engineers be able to, there for making new joiners NEED to socialize with others to get a knife. aswell as NEEDING to scavenge in the first place to retrieve the resources.

adding parts is un-needed but having say a broken blade part and a handle part or something could just add to it all.

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm

It has been suggested that people not start with a weapon before, but this would be a bit unfair to new players. They would not be able to defend themself at all against mobs. For example, the hardest map we have bunker, how would they get the resources to make the knife on that map? We dont want to punish all new players for the idiots.

The 15 min no pvp thing sounds more reasonable, will throw that one on our planning table to think about.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Quisari » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 am

maybe a vendor machine that sells the knife at spawn? just saying but you could do it that way and make it so other players who play it for a while everyday can get it instant and people who just come on to RDM actually have to play on the server first, before they can get it.
might be a bad idea but atleast its an idea :)
Quisari

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:11 am

Setting up a vendor at spawn would still be the same issue if they had to make it. On tough maps they would not stand a chance at getting resources without beeing able to defend themselves.
eldarstorm
Developer

Next

Return to PNRP Suggestions