Some ideas.

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Some ideas.

Postby POSTMAN » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:58 pm

I forgot we had forums, so ill post crap here, instead of bugging lost and eldar XD

[Already suggested, common things]
-Getting chems/sp/scrap from killing zombies, as so our ammo is not wasted in vain.
-Dropping a headcrab roast that can sell for only 3,0,3, only gives 10-20 hunger, and takes 5-10 hp, as long as your hp is higher then 10, so you dont die from eating crabs.

-A gas mod, where cars run on gasoline, that has to be purchased from a class, or found around gas stations(via special nodes)

-I like bizzclaws radiation idea, but it would become tedious, when random places are radioactive, it would make things less fun, and not worth the effort
_perhaps if this was implimented, you could have a radiation meter(though we dont want to copy fallout, even though most people dont know the difference..), and you would gain a rad or 2 from eating uncooked beans, headcrab roasts found on zombies, or other things

[My own suggestions, warning, crap ahead]

-Knife stabs arnt an instant kill: minges will be minges, and its hard to stop this, but making it so you have a fighting chance to stop them before they kill you, would be nice.

-Coffee pots like plants, you have to hold them underwater for 2 minutes(exposing you to zombies, in hopes no one steals your coffee pot), after its been in the water, it turns green or something. When you press E on it after that, it drops a cup of coffee, with 5-7 available, you would have to charge it frequently, perhaps it takes a sp ever time you drink the coffee.

-i dont know how the turrets work, but if theres a function to make them aware, how about they run that every 30 seconds or so, to avoid beeping ;P

-I think it was aids that suggested this one, but having it where you dont lose any weapons or materials from dying via prop.

-a better system for radios and voice limiter, cause occ defeats the purpose of radios, and voice limiter, perhaps you can send your frequency to someone in a message, that prints to their chat, when voice limiter is on.

-a system that removes a % of resources from a player if they rdm, or kill them if they have no resources .

-perhaps some more guns/gun skins, ive looked for sorta rusty more wastelandish skins, but i havnt had much luck.
-I think like a hunting rifle, pistol made of junk parts, and equivalent crappy weapons would be nice, perhaps we should keep our eyes out for a modeler.

-Said before: When a player dies, a zombie spawns(already in game), and a tombstone spawns too, if the player gets back to this tombstone within 2-5 minutes, they get their guns back, if they dont, the grave disapears, and the guns drop.

-Grub collisions, i dont mind killing some peoples grubs when they dont tend to them, almost causing a server crash, but it happens a lot, people leave grubs out, and the nuggets crash the server.

-Grubs randomly turn into antilions(i like this, but theres MANY reasons its a bad idea[Grubs are usually against walls, inside rooms, the lions would get stuck, grubs are to spendy, the antlions would crush OTHER grubs, people would kill the grubs and claim it was an antlion, etc])

-A global wasteland time, just a random clock/ server time, perhaps you have to buy a watch, or its in your hud automatically, this would be usefully when telling friends your getting stuff, and when youll be back.

-most importantly, a new button, that shoots postman in the face, for being so annoying and bugging all the time, im sorry :)

[updated 11/26/10]

-Sleeping:
-Stepping on people: This should be disabled, like your nocollided, or it doesnt kill you, cause its damn annoying when someone just desides to run all the fuck over you, as a joke. THeres no reason for such a thing.

-Upon waking up, your screen fades from black to normal, laying on the ground, and ive seen some animations out there of getting up, shouldnt be to hard to do. All client side, as moving the ragdoll from laying down is way to hard.

-This is acompanied by a yawn, perhaps a special yawn depending on how long you slept.

-this would be to much work, but perhaps you should have dreams, at random points you see from your body laying on the ground for a second.

-This one i like, if you move around to much, you wake up, that way if people move you, you wake up, and THIS HAPPENS TO ME A LOT, fall off of something due to sleeping, you wake up as your falling, it would be pretty cool.

-Weve all thought it would be cool if a bed spawned when you sleep, but this is a bad idea, it could collide with things, as most sleeping is passing out, it could kill you or others, and it could crash the server if it glitches in a wall. - Bad idea.

Doors

-Doors should unlock themselves if they are not owned, noobies to the server NEVER understand that you have to own it first, and then unlock it, and they come complaining to me :)

Guns
-This would go along with the skills system, how it should be, the 5-7 lucky should.. actually be lucky, a random shot out of 10 would be 100% accurate, and very powerful ;)

-ALso ive heard a few complaints about the bad lands rifle, it fires slow, i know this is on purpose, but i think it should fire faster, and have less power, not like a full auto, but just a little faster.

-I like the idea of a tranq gun, thats cheaper then the p228, and has no ammo, it comes with 5 shots, and thats it, afterwards its deleted from the players inv. It could kill zombies, but also make you really slow or something like that, perhaps blind for a few seconds(skills system).

-Names above player zombies, when you die, it spawns a zombie, i think this zombie should have a name above it, "<name>'s zombie".

-Fix the mound issue please :P, gaurds and antlions spawn inside the mound, you already know about this.

-Wood/trees(Skills) it would be hard to do this without copying survival gmode, but its pretty much dead. You could have trees give wood, random trees spawned in places, and you could buy tree seeds, that with care, would grow into full trees. The wood gotten from punching said trees could be used to upgrade guns.

-I may have said it above, but chems for zombie kills!(also again with the random headcrab roast idea :) )

-Alternate vehicle, the 3 there are fine, and i know you want to decrease files to download, but 1 car couldnt hurt to much, ive been looking for a suitable one, and havnt found one, i will tell you if i find one, assuming you like this idea.

-A RADIO radio, not a walkie talkie, one that plays music, you could make it from scratch or copy from my wastelander radio e2, or losts radio, and im sure eldar has one :) It would shuffle songs(like losts) perhaps have a derma menu like mine, for selecting songs, and the songs would play in sequence, from the radio ;) - i could try and make one, as im attempting to learn lua, but it wouldnt end up very well XD

Thats all i got for now :P

Updated:1/29/11

-i saw a thing on toybox(http://toybox.garrysmod.com/ingame/?view=588-zombie breen), basically its a entity with Breen's model, and zombie animations, i think this would be awesome for the zombies, if they looked like you, but moved like zombies.
- chems for zombies, but instead, it would be only for the ones that were once players.

--------------------------

-a stats menu, hidden around somewhere, all players can see it, and it would have stats on how many zombies, fasties, antilions, all the info about mobs and mounds,( perhaps hp of some of those?), players that died in the last X minutes, etc, its really pointless, but it would be interesting if you feel like wasting potential.

-i know this would be pointless, but(if you made the player zombies look like the player that they came from, this would be a must), if your a zombie, or fast zombie playermodel if changes you auto to a citizen, or such other model.

-did you ever think about the whole "sitting/sleeping" zombie thing? i dont think it happens normally, but the zombies have animations to sit down and sleep

-at some point a PM system would be cool, which would have options to send a message from the main menu, a button by their name.(perhaps a send radiostation button, that sends them a message saying "<yourname>:I'm on radio station <radiostation#>, please join me.)

Will update when i get new ideas.
Last edited by POSTMAN on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
POSTMAN
Developer

Re: Some ideas.

Postby wicked clown » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:10 am

I have some modeling experience, but im still in school for that kinda stuff, no promises, but ive gotten much better recently, talk to me if you have any requests, ill see what i can do
wicked clown

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 am

Hey Post, thanks for the ideas. Been trying to get more to post here for bugs and sugestions.
We have talked about players getting something from killing mobs. We may expand the cultivator system a bit here. Make the food somewhat cheeper, but they will need to farm the headcrabs or antlion parts needed. Killing mobs will also be helpfull when the skill system is built.

Your coffee pot idea has given me a idea, will get back to you on that.

The knife issue will involve rebuilding the knife weapon. We have allready talked about building our own weapon pack for the gamemode. This will also need to be done before we put in the skill system as well. As for the skins and models of the weapons we have talked about that too. We may look at bringing in someone to do this later (Still talking about it)

Wicked, if you do modeling, post some examples if you would. Post's sugestions on the looks of the guns is what we have been thinking. Rusty and looking it they were built from spare parts and junk. Just post pictures. Liek I said we have not desided if we will bring in a modeler yet.

The grub issue we have allready taken steps for. When a player leaves it will sutomatically pickup all thier tools (including grubs, plants, and miners). This will keep them from crashing the server from people beeing too lazy to clean up after themselves. Probably wont do the antlion thing. Right now antlions will kill teh grubs too.

The server time is not a bad idea and should be easy to do.

Will ponder your other stuff too :P
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby UndependableAids » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:42 pm

-Getting chems/sp/scrap from killing zombies, as so our ammo is not wasted in vain.

I don't really think this needs to be done. We kill foes to defend ourselves. However I do believe some sort of reward should be given.
Dropping a headcrab roast that can sell for only 3,0,3, only gives 10-20 hunger, and takes 5-10 hp, as long as your hp is higher then 10, so you dont die from eating crabs.

I'm a little confused on the purpose of this suggestion.
-A gas mod, where cars run on gasoline, that has to be purchased from a class, or found around gas stations(via special nodes)

I don't like the idea of the gasoline having to be purchased from a specific class. I do like the idea of requiring a gas station. Maybe a gas pump could be a new inventory item to purchase?
-I like bizzclaws radiation idea, but it would become tedious, when random places are radioactive, it would make things less fun, and not worth the effort
_perhaps if this was implimented, you could have a radiation meter(though we dont want to copy fallout, even though most people dont know the difference..), and you would gain a rad or 2 from eating uncooked beans, headcrab roasts found on zombies, or other things

I think the idea of radioactivity should be kept out. It's a unnecessary complication in my opinion.

-Knife stabs arnt an instant kill: minges will be minges, and its hard to stop this, but making it so you have a fighting chance to stop them before they kill you, would be nice.

I agree completely.

-Coffee pots like plants, you have to hold them underwater for 2 minutes(exposing you to zombies, in hopes no one steals your coffee pot), after its been in the water, it turns green or something. When you press E on it after that, it drops a cup of coffee, with 5-7 available, you would have to charge it frequently, perhaps it takes a sp ever time you drink the coffee.

Creative idea, though I can't see it being something on top priority to add.

-I think it was aids that suggested this one, but having it where you dont lose any weapons or materials from dying via prop.

Please yes. Being killed by a prop doesn't symbolize any form of realistic game play and should be ignored.

-a better system for radios and voice limiter, cause occ defeats the purpose of radios, and voice limiter, perhaps you can send your frequency to someone in a message, that prints to their chat, when voice limiter is on.

Rather than changing the voice limiter, merely begin enforcing punishments for the misuse of /ooc. If possible, coding a ban on specific users to use /ooc would be a excellent punishment.

-a system that removes a % of resources from a player if they rdm, or kill them if they have no resources .

There really is no accurate way for any code to be certain someone is rdming. I do not think anything like this should be enforced- let's stick to reporting and punishing.

-perhaps some more guns/gun skins, ive looked for sorta rusty more wastelandish skins, but i havnt had much luck.

Good idea, but again probably not top priority.

-Said before: When a player dies, a zombie spawns(already in game), and a tombstone spawns too, if the player gets back to this tombstone within 2-5 minutes, they get their guns back, if they dont, the grave disapears, and the guns drop.

I disagree with this idea. In my opinion, the reason your guns drop is to give other players a chance to loot your body. This would prevent that.

-Grubs randomly turn into antilions(i like this, but theres MANY reasons its a bad idea[Grubs are usually against walls, inside rooms, the lions would get stuck, grubs are to spendy, the antlions would crush OTHER grubs, people would kill the grubs and claim it was an antlion, etc])

I think grubs are fine.

-A global wasteland time, just a random clock/ server time, perhaps you have to buy a watch, or its in your hud automatically, this would be usefully when telling friends your getting stuff, and when youll be back.

I guess this could be useful.. but we can always just stick to real-clock time. "I'll be back in 15 minutes."

Overall these are some pretty good ideas. I think the gas system and no loss on prop deaths would be the best things to work on first.
When in doubt who will win, be neutral.
UndependableAids

Postby POSTMAN » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 am

Thank you for the replys aids, and i dont useually check here, so im sorry i didnt see your post on getting diabeties, im terribly sorry, it must suck.
POSTMAN
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 am

Posty: The Player Zombies w/ player model is a definite YES!!!!!!! (PLEASE DO THAT @ LOST AND ELDAR!)
the idea With the Gravestone that keeps your weapons and such together: is also an extremely good idea!
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions