Sprites

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Sprites

Postby Remnant John » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 pm

perhaps, before GM13 rolls around, you could code up a sprite (using a .vtf of some sort, much like the E2 sprites), that shows above someone's head when they're typing? it would definately help alot in wars, treaties, things like that. it would definately clear up alot of "RDM!! OEMGEE BAN BAN BAN" complaints.
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Sprites

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:35 am

now in many years i have seen lots of things for this, some show the word as its being types, some show each word appear when pressing space and some just show a bubble on your head. The best would be the bubble, if someone is seeing what your typing you could wish to change your mind and they would know, when using just a speech bubble to show there typing would be benificial to both you and the person watching as they know your typing.

I like Johns idea and think speech bubbles would help out alot, sometimes you'd be stood there watching someone thinking there typing but they were just afk or something and it gets on your nervs, or when your typing something long to someone and they walk out of speech range when you finally say it :/

+1 to johns idea

EDIT: i think we should have something simular for talking via mic, having it above the head of the talker would be a much better way than just having the arm go up to their ear :S
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 pm

I do want to do both eventually. No ETA on it I'm afraid though.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:06 am

Sounds good
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:55 am

Yeah I support this idea too
There havce been way too many times where I am killed while trying to type out and explain something: I'm a slow typer so lots of people think Im not responding out of disrespect or defiance to leave somebodys base or etc. etc. So a simple speech bubble feature would do wonders! theres a file for one in hl2 effects.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions