Some more Ideas

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Some more Ideas

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue May 08, 2012 9:32 am

So here are some ideas, some of them will be different takes on ideas I already have mentioned.

1) A theiving system.
Basically, an in game way to steal the resources or strip the weapons on a player: I suggest this because it would be cool to see something like this because it really fits the RP. Communities based on raiding and such will have a field day with something like this, and communities based on hunting down the criminals (such as my own) Will benefit too.
I was thinking it could work like this:
-You could somehow Bind a players' arms, (basically prevent all weapon use) or after which thie following could happen:
-You can search/raid/harvest (w/e you call it) the tied players' body, and take items.

Now in order to prevent such a thing from happening too often and being abused, it requires either several players with this rope-weapon nearby and all of them using it on the same target, or several nearby community members all surrounding the payer within a very close range. It makes sense because it would require multiple people to restrain the person being tied.

The tied player can untie themselves but it takes time, similar to the period of time that it takes to break into a community locker/stockpile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2) A Player profile & reputation system.
Kinda like the criminal sytem but a little different: Basically, the profile is like in darkrp how on the player list you can click a player's name and see their info. This kind of info will be shown:
-Community Reputations: if my community interacts with a player regularly enough, I can mark their Rep. as either friend, foe, or neutral. This rep. that I select for the player will be displayed on their profile if a Foe or Friend. it is neutral by default, and neutral will not display.
-Class
-Community membership
-Rank (respected, admin, etc.)
-A customizable player bio that the player can write for themself.
-how long they have been a player on pnrp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3) The ability for a Level 3 Community member to customize what his members can or cannot take from a stockpile or locker.
In other words: I could set it so that all my level 1 community members can only take food guns and ammo, but no tools.
Basically just an extra and more defined permissions system.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4) Would it be difficult to cause bulk boxes of items to return to the inventory of their player of ownership when they disconnect? I lost like 132 oranges the other day cuz the server crashed when i was distributing food to some of my community members.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adding more soon.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Some more Ideas

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 am

More Ideas now:

5) What if players could climb things? I realize this is a very strange and out-there idea, but here is my reasoning.
-In certain cases, climbing makes perfect sense: lets say you are being chased by a fast zombie, or an antlion/antlion guard, And you see the short brick wall of the graveyard straight ahead. You dash up to it and scramble up and over the wall in a desperate attempt to flee.
-You cant climb for more than like... ten seconds. Theres a stamina guage that will run out after which point you will fall. You can't climb up all surfaces either, it has to be either completely straight up, or on a slight slope opposite of your direction. ex.) o= player, \ or / = wall.
\o = yes, the slope is upward and they can climb
|o = yes, its vertical and can be climbed if not too tall.
/o = no, physics doesnt work that way unless you are spiderman.
6) An improved trade menu where it allows the transfer of not only resources, but items as well.
7) I know there will be a criminal system, but what if there was a vigilante system as well?
Meaning: If a player kills a person who raided, it counts as vigilante instead of criminal. OR, if a Player raids a group which is considered criminal, it counts as vigilante. Etc.

More coming soon.
Lord Rahl

Postby Remnant John » Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 am

Lord Rahl wrote:/o = no, physics doesnt work that way unless you are spiderman.

lol ^
Lord Rahl wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6) An improved trade menu where it allows the transfer of not only resources, but items as well.
7) I know there will be a criminal system, but what if there was a vigilante system as well?
Meaning: If a player kills a person who raided, it counts as vigilante instead of criminal. OR, if a Player raids a group which is considered criminal, it counts as vigilante. Etc.

the trade menu sounds awesome, i always wanted to safely trade guns and stuff with no worries.

and the vigilante system, that does sound really good. i don't want to be labeled "Serial Killer" for being the supreme ruler of justice
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Wed May 09, 2012 10:36 am

We have allready looks at adding climbing in the past, but its on the low priority list.

Vigilante system sounds good in print, but in pratical means, would be almost impossible to do. Keep in mind, in the new criminal system, if you kill someone who has a bad rep, you will probably not be negativly hit rep wise. In the case of raiders, if the raid often, they will probably maintain a low rep and you will not have any negative points for killing them.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu May 10, 2012 9:32 am

Alright makes sense. Any opinions on the rest of my ideas?
Also, here are a couple more of them:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8) The ability to change your community name?
The thing is, lets say you have a large group such as mine, to have to transfer EVERYTHING from one group to a new one, only to have a better name, is ridiculous and toublesome. Just make the ability only availiable to level 3's, make it have the same restrictions as when forming a new Group, and add a (probabaly large) time limit to how often a group can change its' name, maybe even make it so that the name change will not actually happen until after a certain time limit passes. If it helps, you could even add an "Aliases" option like steam does, so you can see the names the group had gone under.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9) What if you "amped up" the class system's benefits and disadvantages a notch, to help keep things balanced?
Basically, make it so that Cultivators and Scientists have slightly lower health, (80-90, because they don't do much labor, and often are a "support" type class.)
And make the engineer have slightly higher health (120-125, because they do alot of manual labor and are hardened)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10) Allow the shared use of a tool through either: the buddy system, Communities, or something similar to the current door ownership/co ownership system?
It would help situations such as: I own a radar, I am using it, and I want to let my friend in the group use it as well.
Or I set up a miner, and I want to let my scavenger friends turn it on/repair it w/o releasing ownership.
Or I have a plant which i wanna let my other cultivator friends help me take care of.
and etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11) What if one of the classes could use a weapon such as a harpoon or something, and whenever the harpoon is thrown onto a headcrab, there is a 100% chance of getting meat. Or maybe the same with antlions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12) Not so much a suggestion: I'm just begging for the antlions' raw meat model to be changed to a different gib. Please. I'm begging you, don't use the antlion's wing, use the body or the leg or anything else!
(I had built an amazing replica for my groups' logo using that prop and I would harte to lose it :cry: )
13) What if wastelanders could also hold additional suit-power in addition to the health bonus: or Maybe they always spawn with a small amount of suitpower. or both. Just to help balance their role as the "tank" of the classes.
14) What if Communities had the ability to form formal (game offical) trade agreements/trade routes with other groups? This kind of supply trading would be an excellent addition to the community system. And its a cool thing to negotiate in-game as well, even though it is an agreement that exists in words and not writing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adding more soon.
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Forgot to address 6, not sure about changing the trade system, may do this later on.

8. Will probably ass this a bit later as well, it should nto be too big of a deal.

9. Will see about some of the stuff in 9.

10. Not sure about doing that. We have been debating on this for a while and even considered having the miner shut down if you dissown it.

11. probably not

12. Kind of limited on that one acually, there are not a whole lot of models to choose from.

13. Capacity for extra suit power, may not be a bad idea. But I dont see having them start with any.

14. Think this might be a bit overboard. You can also setup agreements in the Community section of the forums as well.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions