Some ideas

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Some ideas

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 02, 2012 9:33 am

A few ideas, some of them might be old ideas being reiterated others may be completely new: Either way, here they are:

1) A serverside dupe tool that anybody can use:
I'm not sure how this would be added, but I'm feeling worse and worse for those players who build something great on the server that totally fits the rp, just to lose it at the next server restart, map change, crash, or disconnect. I can understand the reasons against it, but if the tool is serverside, then maybe it can only save/paste things that are created on the server, so players can't use things from other gamemodes/servers, and so they cannot paste any items that would otherwise be blocked by the server.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2) A safer Sleep system. I don't care if it just god modes you until you wake up, or if you fall asleep inside of a custom bed tool, or what, but I am getting tired of losing all my stuff because I randomly died in my sleep from a prop or collision with my own own leg.
(I lost a saw refurb & 1,250 rounds of ammo, a sniper rifle & 80 rounds of ammo, 5 grenades, 2 shaped charges, and at least 100 of each resource the other night, all because my body smacked itself when I fell asleep, and I'm starting to lose more than i earn at this point :cry: )
If guns will drop while you sleep at the very least, it would cut my losses (and probably many other players' losses as well) tenfold.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3) Now heres an idea: a while back, I had started playing a PERP gamemode, which basically is a reality roleplay. The PERP gamemode has a few unique things that could make an interesting addition to PNRP if we adapt them to fit the servers' needs.
-There is a way to grow drugs by spawning a package of seeds, and then placing them into a pot. then the plants grow and are later harvested.
^This kind of thing would be very cool for growing food in pnrp, not for the orange plant but maybe other plants like Hl2ep2 Pumpkins or even the Melons.
-Perp also has a limit to the amount of sprinting your player can do, before you start walking at regular pace.
-PERP has another neat feature that could possibly be adapted and used on PNRP, and that is the genetics system, and skills system. The genetics system allows you to customize your player in a variety of ways, sort of like skills but different in that they are more like stats on the player: Such as Agility, Health regen, strength, perception, and influence. Then there are skills that improve the more you do things in game: Such as stamina which levels up from the amount of running you do,
An endurance/health skill that levels up from the amount of damage you take, A skill for accuracy for each individual type of gun (pistol/rifle/shotty/smg) which improves as you use the guns, and a skill for crafting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4) I was wondering if community could gain more tool/storage items and such, mainly like this:
An armory locker (weapons and ammo), a pantry/food supply, and the locker for tools and anything else.
It would make more sense: I wouldn't want to keep all my food next to a bunch of big, slimy, alien worms...
Plus it would be better for RP if people could set up kitchens, armories, and etc.
Also, what if you want to make certain items availiable to people in your community without putting the locker that has more valuable items that only the higher-ups can use?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5) Make it so bulk boxes can be owned so that players can't pick up the entire box unless its unowned, owned by them, or owned by world.
6) Some ideas on doors. The whole universal key thing is simple and effective. But kind of unrealistic and boring.
What if:
-Either all players (or engineers) had to pay a small amount of scrap to own a door and in essence create a key for it. this key can be replicated and distributed to players as a weapon at the cost of more scrap.
-The scientist could make the electronic Combine lock that is in HL2, and it would make the door immune to shaped charges, and that a player (maybe another scientist) would have to either hack it/disarm it, to make the door unlockable/slam-charge able. Its an expensive way to get extra protection, instead of using wire and sealing everything off in an obnoxious way.
-Players could create padlock tools and they could add padlocks to their doors in order to lock them?
OR
A padlock prop/holo would appear on locked doors just for the cosmetic effect?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More ideas coming soon
Last edited by Lord Rahl on Thu May 03, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Some ideas

Postby eldarstorm » Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 am

The mian reason we restricetd Dupe from guests is that there had been issues with guests taking advantage of it in the past.

The bed took is something we have debated on. Will see on that point.
Two possible methods of doing this.
1. You place the bed and use it to sleep on it.
2. When you sleep it will spawn one.

Personally I like the first option.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm

I like the first option too, spawn a bed, and use it to sleep.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Wed May 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Even if we had the bed spawn option people would still have to worry about passing out, and will probably keep the original method as well.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed May 02, 2012 4:21 pm

From what i have gathered, loosing your items from accidently dieing in sleep wont be anywhere near as bad. as from what i know your zombie will be the holder of your last load of weapons so you can just go get them back. should stop the bug with items vanishing upon death in sleep.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 am

Just figured I'd add comment because im not sure if edits count as new posts.
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Thu May 03, 2012 11:06 am

Might be easier to add the extra ideas in a reply than by editin g the main post.

6. Probably not, not sure if that would be good idea. People would get pretty pissed if they just "bought" a bunch of doors than the server crashed. And tracking it would not be worth the touble.

5. Thought this was allready in affect. We may have overid the ownership of it. Will have to take another look at that.

4. I dont see us creating more storage items for communited just to hold different types of items. Its not really something that really needed and the amount of work to do this would not really equal the return.

3. The biggest thing about this, we do not want to copy other gamemodes for the most part. Its one of the reasons PNRP stands out on its own so much. We have acaully tried our best not to be a rip of Fallout, or a rip of other gamemodes like DarkRP and such.

As for adding drugs, we will be doing that, but they will be manufactired using a machine. Will be alot like another addon we created a while back.

Sprinting, will see on that. I know we have talked about it before. But I dont think we were going to go foward with this.

Genetics syste, probably not. Does not really fit the Gamemode.

Plant Growing, probably not. That will depend alot on Lost.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Mon May 07, 2012 3:09 am

Trouble with giving people free access of the dupe tool is that it allows for such a wide array of griefing techniques you can't even imagine them all. Little things like being able to spam frozen props (often to cage people in) can cause huge issues that I think we'd all rather avoid outright. If a player who isn't respected makes a decent camp or such, they can always just ask someone who's Respected to dupe their work for them, that way it's at least saved in some way. I'm not sure how many Respec's we have currently since I've been out the game awhile, but even back when I was playing there were enough for this to be valid and practical.

Beds, yes. I want. I want them so bad. The number of times I've gotten stuck in ceilings thanks to the current sleeping system is unheard of. x_x

What kind of drugs do you mean? Just RP trade items for those who're playing drug addled gun runners or ones with actual effects such as enhanced regeneration, damage resistance etc. ?

Sprinting limit... Probably. Would bring more dependence on vehicular travel to get around, and for those who don't possess one it could lead to a sort of Taxi service being created.

Lockers... We don't really need any more of those. If you want to be anal about it in RP, you can always just create a dedicated room in your HQ with props to resemble your massive arsenal of food, weapons and such, then plonk your Community Locker down discretely among them.

Doors are fine as is I think. Though I wouldn't mind some form of improvement system to them in the distant future, such as being able to reinforce them to take more S.L.A.M. charges to take down.

And a final note, I'm gonna be coming back soon, maybe today if I can get Gmod and such all updated. :D I got a brand spanking new desktop during the weekend with a screen as big as my nephews head (MASSIVE in other words). So I'll see you guys soon!
CmdZoidberg

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 am

^Awesome man, we will be glad to have ya back
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions