A new form of transportation

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

A new form of transportation

Postby Xanuch » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Given a planned resource / fuel system, why not have a top tier guzzler of the sorts?

Ive noticed alot of the time, in post apoc scenarios there has to be some value everyone scrambles over.
•New players tend to have issues with scraps, or maybe foods.
•Midgame players like myself, have some problems getting the goodies, but have the basic commodities down.
•Admins/Sincethebeginningoftime people dont worry about anything, and help others.

My suggestion being, is a difficult, yet extremely practical use of fuel:
•Making vehicles like jeeps and airboats run off fuel, and for the rich, a helicopter for such lesiure.
=> My point being here, is that ground transportation to those with many resources, is a plebian way of transport. Why not give the rich to show off being rich? A helicopter. I have an E2 I'll gladly show that demonstrates the base necessitive properties of controlling for realisim, and should consume the most fuel of all.
•Fuel, refined fuel and aircraft fuel.
=>tiers mean power. simple, no?

As for numbers and application, however, should apply as follows:
An airboat, given it's low top speed and it's definate unorthodox control scheme should consume little fuel (Like a gallon every 5 minutes of solid travel or so, est)
A jeep, given its robust and constant top speeds, should consume more fuel as it propels it's four wheels.. (.1 gallon every turbo, 3 minute gallon I guess)
A jalopy should go faster, have somewhat less control, and maybe have the mileage of a sportscar. (.25 gallon turbo, 2 minute but has the fastest top speed)

My suggestion for top tier runners, though would be a helicopter. A salvaged combine helicopter would prove useful, but would require many components for its workings, alongside its junkyard design should really require the most fuel, and should prove difficult to lift it. Being able to sustain a helicopter should be a community effort. (Has the gun, but requires several tanks of fuel for a typical 12 minute ride of sorts, and the gun physically need boxes of SMG ammo to use it.)

As for the devs whom see this, I'll supply a demo of my e2 for an idea. It shows the properties of how it should maneuver, and maybe an idea of the real fuel system for it, maybe require a better quality fuel to use it?
Xanuch

Return to PNRP Suggestions