Zombie player

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Zombie player

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:54 pm

so id ABSOLUTLY LOVE to see this go in.

Basically when you die you get a menu pop up. with 2 options:
- Re-spawn
- Zombie Time

oh yeh, you know where im going with this. How about having it so you can respawn as a player OR actaully choose to play as that zombie, when you become the zombie you can use it just like the "pill zombie". you suddenly become hostile to everyone, as your a frekin zombie, so you dont need to worry about killing other players or even your own community.

in the TAB player list you will see "Zombified" under the name rather than their community.

The zombie you become wont hit any harder than normal zombies and you will have the same HP and way of dying as a normal zombie, so its perfectly fair, your just alittle more "smart". cannot open doors, pressing "use" on a door will instead cause you to do the knocking action that zombies do on doors and some windows.

You have a 30% chance of your headcrab falling off upon dying so you may still play as headcrab working the same way as the "headcrab pill" without the burrow/healing factor.

This does not mean you can stay a zombie and stay out of trouble as you have a timer of living. you can be this zombie for a maximum of 5mins and when the headcrab falls of you it has only 2 mins of living. Also this doesnt mean the zombie will die only that you will respawn, so your zombie or headcrab will be where you last was when the timer ran out.

Suicide and killing yourself in anyway will not allow you to become a zombie, you have to be killed by another player or an NPC. (so i suppose NPC suicide would still work, but you get where im coming from)

to prevent the use of this ALL the time you could have it so you may only become a zombie on death once every 30 mins, OR maybe add something into the shop menu called "Virus" and if you have one of these equipped or even just in your inv at the time and die you can choose to be zombie. not choosing zombie upon death will not remove the virus from you. it should cost alot or even Have it so a zombie will drop it when it dies or you loot the zombies body, this item would be very rare.

recap:
-chance to play as zombie upon death
-only stay as zombie for 5 mins and headcrab for 2mins after time is out you respawn and your zombie is where you last were.
-community name in player TAB menu will say "Zombiefied" instead
-pressing use on a door will make the zombie do deafault bang on door action
-30% chance of headcrab dropping when your zombie dies
-cannot suicide to become one
Alternate way:
-same rules as above exept you need to either "make" or "find/loot" the virus from a zombie or shop to have a chance to become one on death.
-virus is very rare thing to get, or very expensive to make.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: Zombie player

Postby eldarstorm » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Think we have addressed this a few times allready.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=433&hilit=zombie

CmdZoidberg made a good point in that thread.
Player Character Zombies? Do. Not. Touch. However successful it may have been on whatever server you saw it in, I must advise you do not allow this sort of thing in the server if you're hoping to create an RP gamemode. Speaking from experience here, permitting people to play the bad guy constantly in a RP environtment without any PvP rules set is a mingebags wet dream, and can become extremely disruptive for those who are RPing sensibly.

And My responce
The playable zombie class, Zoid brings up a verry good point against that, one that I really hated about DarkRP. It encourages RDM without reprocutions. Dont worry about a gameode with playable zombies, we have had one in the planning stages for a while.

In other words, I would not look to see this added. Playable zombies would make PRNRP have RDM issues like DarkRP where you play a criminal class.

And yes, one of our future projects does involve playign a zombie of sorts. Think I mentioned more on that else where.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:04 pm

the above mentioned, were either a class, or using zombie hands swep. i know its not far from different but the zombie pill is JUST like being a zombie, so people would have the same chance to killing you as they would any other zombie in the game. its not unfair in anyway and cannot be classed as RDM due to people just thinking, oh its a normal zombie.

Also on the RDM. rp usually make them so you can be that class, the way i put it was that you have one of 2 things. You either make a virus object that costs ALOT and have that each one is only 1 chance to using this zombie after death. the second was that you can rarely get this virus from killing/looting zombies and it does the same thing.

^ that one would make it impossible for minges and also even fairly hard for the regulars to get a hold of.

just abit of a 1 off fun thing to have. wouldnt be used all that much but when you do get to you have allmost 0 chance of doing anybetter than a normal zombie would.

DevilsNipple

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 pm

^kinda like the idea but thats just cuz i had suggested it too lol
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:59 am

^ you gave me the inspiration in a way, reading both your last lot of ideas and your idea for a zombie class i while ago. i think using the pill will be a really good idea as your no stronger or better than your average zombie, just a litle smarter. it gives us a laugh every now and then, and yet it still wont be easy to get a hold of it so it wont happen much at all.

just a small rare extra for the enjoyment when it happens. you and all your friends weather you kill them or not will be laughing along.

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 am

i don't want this to happen, i agree with Zoid, and eldar, and all who oppose. and at that, think of it through Lost's eyes, chances are, he'd be the one to end up coding it, and to me, that seems way too much work for too little good
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:53 am

mabey just have a haloween avent. next halloween have an antlion guard occasionally drip a zombie pill. rare but you can just equipt it straight the way and use it. the server maybe a masacar of rdm in some way, but its halloween, so long as theres a warning you can do whatever xD.

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP Suggestions