Community Stuff

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Community Stuff

Postby Lord Rahl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 am

I think that communities should have a few things done:
Make Larger communities gain more benefits,
Make communities require at least 4 or 5 people to even be initially founded,
And add more features.

The Criminal system will likely add more of a distinction between trustworthy and threatening groups, so I won't say much about that.
There were good ideas from Metroidfighter about giving communities a class-like system ranging from buisness to Government to raiders.
And There has been alot of mention regarding community alliances & war.
I once mentioned the idea of a community message board.

So I'm gonna add a few ideas that have not been talked about as much, or are completely new.
-A community vendor, basically like the vending machine idea but making it only accessible for community members:
Basically, the newer players will have to pay in order to access supplies, and will be repaid upon return of the object. (not a very crucial idea, but its an idea)
-A sort of tracking system of who last accesed the locker or stockpile, it might be helpful for keeping track of who has what.
-Community ownership of doors, tools, and veichles:
Any member of a community can unlock a door if its community owned. These community owned objects or doors can also apply to props and etc. This way if a member of my group needs a car, and i have an extra one but don't wanna carry it with my own inventory, I can drop it as a community item, it will be sent to the locker through a command in the community menu such as "getcommcars" or "getcommtools"

Heres a very risky idea, but a cool one never the less.
a community hostage/slavery system?
It would be quite an interesting but plausible idea in the sense of the rp. Lets say you capture a player, and you hold him at gunpoint, you can forcibly set this player as hostage:
-it will temporarily override their group, and on the player menu it will say "hostage of [group name]"
-as hostage they cannot access weapons, or change class.
-They will stay hostage until a member of their former group sets them free, they get released by their captors, or if they get killed.
-while held hostage, you can be force fed in order be kept alive by their captors, and so they can't just die of starvation and be released.
-The "hostage" setting will need to be renewed occasionally, this way if a player is locked up, and the hostage setting expires, the hostage will have a window of time to escape unless they are caught and held hostage again.
As for slavery, it would have the same premise but they would literally be forced to do whatever the group tells them to or face some form of consequence, idk what quite yet but the idea of forcing captured players to go out and scavenge for you, and have all proceeds go directly to your community's wallet seems quite interesting.

What if a community founder could create a recruitment station of some form in the spawn?
Basically, a tool or menu that would allow for open recruitment of any players who would like to join a group.
Or, what if there was some simple mail system that could allow a player to send a message to a player in game while their offline, so they can read it when they get back.
-basic example: I'm playing on pnrp and I see a player who is a member of "The Unified Zone"
i ask the player if I can join the group but he says he isnt a high enough rank to invite players.
I really wanna join so I will send a "letter" to the leader of the community, when he next joins pnrp, he will get a notification saying he got a message from the player.
^ this idea gives me an epic idea. imma go make a new thread expanding on it.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Community Stuff

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:20 pm

community message board.

Might do this one, still debating on it. If we did it will probably have a limited number of posts.

A community vendor...

Probably not, best thing would be to assign someone to sell stuff for the community.

A sort of tracking system of who last accesed the locker or stockpile...

Will ponder this one, if we did it would have to be a limited history to keep size down.

Community ownership of doors, tools, and veichles

Probably not, it would mean another rework of many of the ownership systems and world cache. But I have been planning on expanding the buddy system to have a check box to allow anyone in the community to have access. Was think on the same thing for door owneship.

community hostage/slavery system...

Not sure about this one. If we ever did something like this it would probably be later on.

recruitment station..

Probably not.

Message or Mail system, might do something like this. But it will probably be added later on.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions