miner-areas

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

miner-areas

Postby Remnant John » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:57 am

saw Cpt.Leon (a random) today on PNRP, noticed his base was in one place, and his miners were in a fenced off area in the distance, looked incredibly RP. so i got this into my head.

maybe have another little checkbox on the monster nodes that enhance miner output? like, if it's within this specific monster node, it will put out like, 2 times more resources. so maybe if you're just randomly basing somewhere, and you tap gold, you're home-running free? i think it'd be pretty nice. maybe they could also show up on ground-penetrating radars?
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: miner-areas

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I love that idea. It sounds very cool to have miners in a remote location so that you can get more out of 'em.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:01 am

Or maybe you should make it so that miners have to be placed in certain locations on the map? Like they will need to be on soil, not cement, and they have to be in certain areas around the map?
I like the idea because chances are you wouldn't be able to mine one area for resources for very long, eventually it would run out.
^on that topic, What if every now and then you had to move your miner, due to the draining of all resources below and around it?
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby LostInTheWired » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Mining hotspots? Maybe, not a bad idea, but will definitely be later, if at all.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions