Just my opinion

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Just my opinion

Postby Orphious » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:56 pm

I know that frequently I have only been building things that are postnuke themed, meaning that I usually only use random junk like items to build anything. Though recently I have been anoyed thaty people use combine props, you know, the ones form Hl2. Frankly I dont believe these props should be used at all and that they are not appropriate for a postnuke game type. :geek:

-Orphious
Orphious

Re: Just my opinion

Postby Remnant John » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:24 am

maybe. i've not seen people use them too extensively, but i guess they could be restricted if you really wanted to. i don't have any opinions on this, i don't think it'd make the new players any happier though
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 am

There are ways to use combine props and stay in the theme. Also, who's to say there people could not have raided a abandoned military base for the supplies.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Orphious » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 pm

I dont know, I just have been trying to be as accurate as possible when building bases and such to fit a exact image of what a postnuke base would be. :|
Orphious

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:32 am

the world of hl2 even after a shit ton of bombings would still have nifty things around and about that the hl2 world origonally had in it. so alot of combine gear would still be used.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:17 am

Well I think its fine as long as people don't get too overwhelming with it: For example:
Large bases with metal floors and metal walls and those forcefields and then also a shitload of miners and combine blue screens and etc. (Bases that are 100% Combine tech) Are a bit too much. At first I had always tried to make the huge futuristic base, and i did! They looked very cool and they served their purpose: However I realized that they just... Don't look right.
I had remade alot of my original bases due to this: now the most techy thing i tend to make are just fading doors, I have doing my best to build new veichles that don't look like they are brand new but instead look broken down and barely working. I re-materialized all my duped bases to appear rusted, and I think that I might even just make some new ones: I started building a house made completely out of wooden planks and honestly, the more basic & broken the buildings are, the bigger wasteland feel you'll get
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions