Gmod 13 PNRP Suggestions

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Gmod 13 PNRP Suggestions

Postby Remnant John » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:30 am

didn't know to post this in the only PNRP gmod 13 update topic we have, or make a new one, so i made a new one.

Maybe not display steam names on the scoreboard? Just seems like it'd be way cooler, or maybe if not that, add a toggler that shows steam names? maybe admin-only? idk, you can figure it

maybe change the name of the "Shop Menu" to the "Build Menu"?

custom icons for tools and stuff? most of them have garbage icons

random gun spawning?
by that i mean maybe have a random gun spawn on the map somewhere, maybe say 50 units off the ground (to prevent it falling through the map)
maybe 1 box of ammo included? just seems it'd add spice to the whole scavenging experience, as it is pretty boring at the moment.

since lost is redoing his guns, maybe he could make guns not glitch hell when holstering? at the moment they spaz like crazy whenever doing things, and it plays the holster sound about a jillion times when in first person.

have mounds go down farther before disappearing? i've confirmed that they never ever EVAR go completely under the ground, and it seems it would just add the extra "That's awesome!" to the game if they went all the way down. building on the idea of mounds, maybe have them also scavengable? i mean, what would those mounds be made out of? maybe it could be a hybrid of all the resources, so to you it would propose much more resources, but a much larger threat to counteract it.

this one is a pretty big one, but maybe, health bars? doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do, it could be like the tags on the player zombies, but it would be higher and be a red bar of health, it only displays when you're looking at it.
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Gmod 13 PNRP Suggestions

Postby Lord Rahl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 am

I approve all of these ideas. But its not up to me. XD
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:31 am

Remnant John wrote:
Maybe not display steam names on the scoreboard? Just seems like it'd be way cooler, or maybe if not that, add a toggler that shows steam names? maybe admin-only? idk, you can figure it Agree to having a toggle but not having them allways gone.

maybe change the name of the "Shop Menu" to the "Build Menu"? Agree.

custom icons for tools and stuff? most of them have garbage icons Agree

random gun spawning?
by that i mean maybe have a random gun spawn on the map somewhere, maybe say 50 units off the ground (to prevent it falling through the map)
maybe 1 box of ammo included? just seems it'd add spice to the whole scavenging experience, as it is pretty boring at the moment. Dont Agree. i think it would be better if people work for things like guns and having one pop up can aid those who dont have skills or even minges who will just rdm with it.

since lost is redoing his guns, maybe he could make guns not glitch hell when holstering? at the moment they spaz like crazy whenever doing things, and it plays the holster sound about a jillion times when in first person. Agree, iv allways hated the holster spazing

have mounds go down farther before disappearing? i've confirmed that they never ever EVAR go completely under the ground, and it seems it would just add the extra "That's awesome!" to the game if they went all the way down. building on the idea of mounds, maybe have them also scavengable? i mean, what would those mounds be made out of? maybe it could be a hybrid of all the resources, so to you it would propose much more resources, but a much larger threat to counteract it. Agree, love this idea of scavenging them. but id say they stayed there after fully being scavenged and still need to be destroyed. (uncase you ment they break after being scavenged)

this one is a pretty big one, but maybe, health bars? doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do, it could be like the tags on the player zombies, but it would be higher and be a red bar of health, it only displays when you're looking at it. Agree, iv thought this would be a brilliant idea from the start and i like your idea of them only being there when looking at the npc
Last edited by DevilsNipple on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:31 am

i thought them all through, i believed they were all pretty simple and easy to do, so i posted them. all of this during computer ed. ^^
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Remnant John » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 am

DevilsNipple wrote:
Remnant John wrote:

have mounds go down farther before disappearing? i've confirmed that they never ever EVAR go completely under the ground, and it seems it would just add the extra "That's awesome!" to the game if they went all the way down. building on the idea of mounds, maybe have them also scavengable? i mean, what would those mounds be made out of? maybe it could be a hybrid of all the resources, so to you it would propose much more resources, but a much larger threat to counteract it. Agree, love this idea of scavenging them. but id say they stayed there after fully being scavenged and still need to be destroyed. (uncase you ment they break after being scavenged)
Yes i did think they would be destroyed afterwords, but they take a very very long time to fully scavenge, maybe about 50 tries? that would take a while. and since Eldar/Lost are upping the NPC spawn rate it will be very difficult to do that unless you're in a group

Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 am

Remnant John wrote:Yes i did think they would be destroyed afterwords, but they take a very very long time to fully scavenge, maybe about 50 tries? that would take a while. and since Eldar/Lost are upping the NPC spawn rate it will be very difficult to do that unless you're in a group

Hmm. i see your point. I like the idea of them being a Group resource maker basically. But they would have to take like you said alot of tries and also not produce All that much. People could just stick a prop behind them and scavenge the lot and get all 3 types of resources all to themself. it woldnt add to the run around and gather factor.

if it were to be added id say you can only get scrap and chems from it but you get fewer scrap.

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 am

if i had to put in an honest balanced opinion, maybe it could have a pretty harsh fail rate, (maybe 60% of the time you fail?) alot of resources (100 of every resource?) and an anti-prop barrier around it? i'm almost certain you can make those in maps. idk about them being spawnable though. it could just repel props that are any closer than 100 units away.
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:50 am

there is a way to make props auto remove when near a certain thing or area.

100 resources per is abit much. maybe 30-50 ish

and fail rate would be ok at about 40-50% is it doesnt have a no prop zone, but if it had a no props can be laced there type of thing then fail rate could be the same as usual.

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 am

Few things.

First off, you dont have to create a seperate thread for GMod 13 sugestions. Its all the same gamemode. We will not be adding everything we agree to in the sugestion for the gmod 13 update. the GMod 13 update is mostly a update and a rewrite of much of our older code. So you can post sugestions like normal.

Another thing, please check/search/ or look at older usgestions. Recently I have noticed alot of duplicate or repeated sugestions. The weapon random drop is a good example. we have stated rather a few times that we will not be doing random weapon drops. Doing so would make the Eng class usless for a larg part.

Antlion mounds will not be used for gathering resources, but we will be doing something else that you an get from them.

Removing Steam names from Tab, not sure if we will do this. If they can be selected to be hidden why worry about them beeing shown. Its the only place the name can be seen as it is.

"Shop Menu" to "Build Menu" has been sugested before. Still debating on this one.

The Icons for the tools are the spawn icons for that item. Its provided by Garry, so if the look of them sucks, you can thank him (Turret for example used to look good. :P )

Gun gittery glitch is a more recent bug with Garrys Mod, it did not used to do that. I dont think it does it on the Dev Server, will have to check. If it does not, then this issue is allready fixed.

Mounds not gopping all the way down, will have to check with Lost on that one. May need some tweeking. I know the guard and antlion spawning around it does as well.

HP Bars on zombies, not sure about that. Many games dont go for this, sometimes the mystery is half the fun. In reality, stuff does not have a HP bar, so should they?
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:53 pm

My thoughts on those ideas...

NO random weapon drops, holy hell. A minge joins, gets a random gun from a random gun drop, starts RDMing players. Noooooo way.
NO gathering resources from mounds that makes absolutely no sense.
Removing names from the TAB menu seems like a good idea. I don't like having my real steam name next to my RP name, so maybe make a toggle to hide them, eldar. Perhaps in the admin menu.
I don't like the Build Menu name, I love it currently as Shop Menu.
Agree that mounds should go all the way underground not just part-way.
NO HP BARS on zombies please. That'd look very clunky / plain weird.

About those icons, eldar, you're talking about the ones inside the shop menu? Yeah, some of them look completely different now. Some for the worse. D:

And the finicky gun holster issue still exists on the dev server. It is not fixed.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Next

Return to PNRP Suggestions