Wars Need To Be More Organized

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Wars Need To Be More Organized

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Hey,

Wars are pretty big and they can be pretty bloody, sometimes innocent civilians get caught in the crossfire. We need an organized way to declare war between communities, know who our targets are, and an organized way to declare a truce after declaring wars.

I heard that you guys are already planning for something like this but I would just like to put my thoughts in.

Targets: Enemy targets in wars need a special way to be identified, perhaps have a little icon above their heads colored red?

Allies: Ally players in wars need a special way to be identified just like targets, maybe have the same little icon above their heads BUT colored green? Makes sense.

Civilians: Civilians most importantly need a special way to be identified just like the other two, have the same icon colored grey so that people know they are neutral.

Declaring Wars / Truces: Press a button to go to war with another community, it says "Do you want to go to war with Community 1?" you click yes and a message pops up for everyone online in that community and it says something like "Community 2 has declared war on your community!"

Or press another button to declare a truce and another message pops up ONLY for level 3's and it says something like "Community 2 wants to declare a truce. Do you want to accept?" and the level 3 responds accordingly to what they want to do. If they accept the truce, a message pops up for everyone in both communities saying "A truce was declared. The war is over." If they don't accept, the level 3 of the community who wants a truce sees a message "Community 1 has refused to make a truce." -- or something similar.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Re: Wars Need To Be More Organized

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm

We will be adding the ability to declare war in the Criminal system.

As for indicators, not sure if we will do that. And having indicators for civilians is not really viable.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Ok, revising my indicator bit.

Ok, I can see haveing indicators for people in your community, for people in a wared community, or people who have a criminal status. As for civilians, having a indicator for them is redundant, civilians would be people without any indicator.

We will probably have two rules.
1. Has to be line of sight
2. Limited distance (Probably use the voice limiter for this)

We will probably include the indicatgor in the name over the player, on the Tab menu, Voice Icon that pops up when you chat, and text as well.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 pm

sounds dandy to me... i do hate the unorganization of wars though... atm it's just you walk up to a base and basically say "Hey! my guys are ganna RDM the shit out of you! kthxbai!"
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Lord Rahl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 am

Lol yeah John thats pretty much how it happens. :lol:
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions