Weapon related

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Weapon related

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:00 am

A few things:
It would be pretty cool to be able to completely holster your gun, like carrying your badlands rifle on your back and your revolver on your belt- it may be a little difficult to implement but it'd look really cool :mrgreen:

Also:
What if you can only carry one of each type of gun at once? ;)
Either
A) You can carry 1 pistol, 1 rifle, and 1 smg at once.
B) One large gun- (rifles and larger submachine guns) and one small gun (uzi, smg lost, and pistols)
C) 2 small guns & 1 large gun (pistol or small smg & rifle or large smg)
Grenades and slams can be carried as well, but like a limit of 3-5 nades and 2 or 3 slams.

You can still carry them around in your inventory, but this kind of thing could be used to help increase the RP element due to the fact that it wouldnt be easy to carry around an arsenal of weapons across the wasteland, :lol: not to mention that most people won't carry that many weapons at once anyway, I just think that these two ideas: Especially showing your weapon on the player's model :D
Would be AMAZING :mrgreen:

On another note: I was playing css the other day and I would LOVE to see the M4a1 added, or maybe dual pistols if possible ;)
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Weapon related

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 am

I would absoluty hate restrictions to what you could have out :S. imagine needing to blow up a mound but you have to keep dropping 3 slams at a time from your inv :/, and i love having an ak on my for close range and a sniper for long range attacks so it would ruin that element.

As to your holstering weapons on your back idea, I think that your idea is good but the way you put it out was not. Holstering a weapon should be the exact same as it is now. but any other weapon that you have equipped say i was holstering an AK but i had a slam, grenade and a pistol on me those would be the things that show on your model. for slam and grenade that woud go around the waste and the pistol on your thigh, bigg weps go on the back.

As for having say more than 1 pistol and rifle in your equipped slot it shoud only show you first ones you had out so theres no colliding or doubles. also makes for less work.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:59 pm

We've talked about limited the amount of weapons a player can carry. Not quite as much as you're saying, but some.

I think it's a good idea. Would make things a tad more difficult, would make people have to choose. I don't think eldar's too keen on it though, so it's gonna be one of our dev arguments. XD
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Acually I think it would be interesting to limit how many weapons you could have equipped at one time. Probably the same for ammo as well.

Could go even farther and have different classes with different types and number of weapon slots. Science for example could carry more explosive types. Wastelander would probably ba able to carry the most of everything. Cultivator mostly small arms. Eng Small/Med. Scavi small + sniper type slot.

The other thing wee could do, might make it more simple, different classes can only equip a certing weight.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Maybe, but you're idea's good. Sci/Scav - minimal equipped; 1 sidearm or smg-size, 1 longarm or smg. Engi - middleground; 1 sidearm, 1 smg-size, 1 longarm or smg-size. Waste - 1 sidearm, 1 smg-size, 2 longarms or smg-size. Somethin' like that. Dunno.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:16 am

sounds good! but what do the devs have to say about the guns-on-model thing? they never responded to that :lol:
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 am

Will have to see about showing the guns on the player. It is possible.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions