Turrets

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Turrets

Postby Remnant John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:44 am

was typing the class balancing ideas topic a bit ago (about 30 seconds to be approximate) and was thinking about turrets, and how game breaking and easier they are to use. thought about how they could be changed to not be so easy and game breaking, here are some ideas.

1) have the turret have a derma window that has options like Turn Off, Refill and stuff

2) have the turrets need ammo, SMG ammo to be exact, i know Devil suggested this before, but it seems like such a good idea, so i restated it, perhaps in the derma window stated above, you could have a little "Progress Bar" of sorts displaying ammo remaining.

3) have the turrets need a power source. perhaps 10 armor batteries could last you about 1/2 an hour?

4) turrets have health. say, maybe 1000 health? so it's a pretty formidible machine, but if it's out for very long times, being hit to death very slowly, it could be repaired like a miner, but it would NOT shut off like a miner, it would malfunction and you would need to go find new parts. (ex. turret head, which is a prop, so no problem there)

5) maybe have the turrets need to be actually Built? i remember Eldar mentioned to me that you will be adding the need for actual props and things in building, maybe you need to find a turret gun, ammo, and some other things? adding to the difficulty to obtain a turret in the first place.

that's all i got for now, if i think of more, i will add.
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Turrets

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 am

Idk If you've noticed john, but the turrets outside my base are never my onw. I own... well over 50 turrets but I never use them due to the fact that they take the fun out of things. I think your ideas are great, and I think that each one except the battery power gets used, Mainly because if you want multiple turrets, batteries add up to alot. I think, instead, they should have to be hooked up to a power generator (which has a limited amount of energy) :D
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 am

my personal opinion. i think they should take ammo. and i do agree they should be made up by parts. but i dont like the energy source ideas. i dont think they should need energy at all but ammo yes. if there was to be a debate i would want either one or the other, being only ammo or only a battery source. i dont like the idea of breaking and needing parts for repair. id prefer them not breaking at all but if they did break at least have them be fixed like a miner.

At there current stage i agree there game breaking. but adding ALL this would make them become problematic for most people and noone would bother with them. sticking to just 1 of the 4 ideas or perhaps 2 so long as its not both ammo and battery life then it would be alot better.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Think i mentioned some of this in another post, oh well :P

The parts update will include stuff liek you sugested.

The derma window is something we have allready got planned. On/Off guard mode, kill all huamans, and so on.

Power or ammo? still in planning phase, but we will probably require they need something. The power/fuel system will resolve alot of balance issues that we have with alot of things. You would have to build something like a generator, and that generator could only supply X amount of Watts for X amount of stuff. We are also looking at adding fuel later on for cars as well.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 am

wait wait wait... back up... "Kill all Humans"?!?!?!? ultra-rdm "put-them-in-spawn-omgwtfbbq" seems like that could be definately abused
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:38 am

With the difficulty involved with simply OBTAINING a turret, people who manage to afford one will likely not be a minge unless they managed to steal it from somebody else.

I don't think it is a bad idea, but I think there should be some form of restrictions/regulations on it to prevent abuse.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby Remnant John » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 am

like i saw in Devil's post about turrets, i like his idea of it, everyone being on a list, sorta like the buddy menu (layout wise)

i guess if i think about it it wouldn't be TOO abusable, as you'd have to play for a quite a while to afford a turret
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:49 pm

The "kill all humans" was a Bender referance :P
eldarstorm
Developer