Class Balancing Ideas

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Class Balancing Ideas

Postby Remnant John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:34 am

By class balancing i mean, having each class depend more upon eachother, and by that, i mean in the next feature update, sometime after gmod 13

like perhaps, have the engineer need 10 armor batteries to make a furnace?

or have the scientist need like, 10 boxes of SMG ammo to make a turret? and then later on need to refill that turret?
(everytime the turret goes into the inventory the ammo goes into your inv, so no tracking needed)

the scavenger could need say 20 armor batteries for a small miner, maybe 35 for a large one?
**if you've noticed yet, i'm setting these prices really high, adds that extra fun challenge to the game**

i have many more, but it would take an entire feature update :D so i'll leave you with that for now.
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Class Balancing Ideas

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 am

We definitely need more interdependence between each class, its probabaly the only flaw I see within the gamemode, and that is that things can get way too easy really fast, and things will get boring. I still find the server quite fun, however even I find myself doing less and less while I'm on the server.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 am

you have to remember though. making a game too easy does make it slowly get boring but making it too hard makes it get boring that little bit quicker. the current updates that they are working on will make the gamemode hard in its own way and alot more challenging so theres not much we need to do to add more challenges. but i see your point.

When i seen this post title i though, ahh what a good idea, then read it and didnt think the title matched the description. I have made another topic which i think would be a good idea and be more to do with this title :P
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:35 pm

We will acually be adding more class dependance in the near future. Some may make it into the next update.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions