hats

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

hats

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:43 am

i know i know. stupid hats on servers that you buy and such isnt a good PNRP suggestion....BUT WAIT, how about this, a section in the shop menu called hats - these are all wastelander sort of hat, raged up, maybe headcrab hat so long as its lammar. half burned top hat, scrap helmet. Not tons but just a few, maybe even only 2 for each class. i was thinking the engineer makes the metal scrap and sp type of hats and the scientist makes any hats that involve wool and such wich chemicals.

The idea came to me after seeing the new EPIC class screen:

It would be nice to fill that space into something :)
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: hats

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:10 am

Just made this for like an Extra profilebit to select hats that you have made. (i mean it could just be as easy as going into hat inventory and clicking select on the hat you want. but i figured these hats could be everlasting once you have made one and go into a character menu to pick from)

P.s: these hats arnt noob friendly, by that i mean it takes ALOT of resources to make them so they will be for long time players who have enough resources. im thinking scrap hats 400-150-50 and chemical hats (like cotton and such) 50-50-500.

anyway heres the general character idea for hats. and even other things if added:

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:02 am

If we added hats, you could not really use the profile picket to select them. The section on the right is for creating a new character. Also, profiles do not share XP, Resources, or Inventory.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:39 am

yeh i know profiles dont share the xp, thats why i suggested that the only way to change class would be through different character. just kinda fits.

and i knew you most likely wasnt going to use the character idea xD just wanted to show my badass paint skills :P

But hats could still be used though right? they wouldnt go for every character but if you make it for one you can use it for that char only and still use the inventory to equipt it. and making it an everlasting item like cars or thumpers where its allways there unless you unown it would be cool so long as its hard to make. or you could add hats that are cheap but are only used while your on the server and vanish when you leave or die, and you can easily make one every time. but i prefer the hard ones to get. gives you a challenge and makes you look good haha.

And for the profile select menu i have another idea. that "space" where i said add a hat needs to be filled. it just does xD. so how about having it so the full character is shown, (you know where the character is walking and its spinning them slowly) so it filles the space and shows it more clearly.

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:06 pm

i still don't really see the point of this, it's just a hat, after a while it could actually become pretty annoying, seeing a base full of people with the exactly identical hat on
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:36 am

well not everyone will pick the exact same hat. and the way you just put it is like saying it gets annoying to see a community with the same player model.

what if they all want to be combine soldiers with say the rolermine afro hat. But you never see that anyway. everyone always gets different player models as they would do hats aswell.

i just think it would be a cool little addition. and only the people that actually play alot will have hats, i see lots of people not affording a small thumper and hats will cost more. so its will be rare to see someone with a hat. (could add a back story of properly made hats being super rare) i dunno. but i like the idea.

DevilsNipple

Return to PNRP Suggestions