I REMEMBER MY EPIC IDEA

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

I REMEMBER MY EPIC IDEA

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:13 am

OKAY
I remember it now.

What if the scientist can manufacture a MANHACK?
A friendly one that will not attack players! :D
It can either follow the player to protect them while they are scavenging or it can be ordered to stay still in one spot and attack anything that comes near.

Maybe it can be destroyed?
Maybe only one can be out at a time because multiples of them might be a game breaker?
And/or Maybe a City scanner for the scientist, maybe it can like carry 50 pounds of equipment? Or it can act as an alarm system due to the way it behaves as an npc on a whole (beeping & flashing at anything that goes near it)

As for the ai involved im not sure, but i remember playing with a gun once that basically spawns a manhack, and then you can use secondary fire to make it target an enemy. I realize that saying its possible doesnt mean that it will be easy, however I think that the idea of a manhack as your personal bodyguard is pretty cool- And that it could be more do-able than alot of other ideas.

This gave me an idea for a few things now actually- but I'll post it later. Basically it involves an NPC pet/tool/etc for each class. Involving Manhack, Scanner, maybe some other things... Idk how to explain- so for now only comment regarding the manhack idea.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: I REMEMBER MY EPIC IDEA

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:35 pm

love the manhack idea and love the scanner idea as a pack mule. dont think that every class should have a pet thing though :/. id say an engineer has to make both the man hack and scanner.

also, were getting pet headcrabs in the update to protect us anyway im sure.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:21 pm

The eventual pet headcrab probably wont attack anything. Have not worked on him in ages.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 pm

a head crab that just follows you around would be cool. and you can tell it to either wait in one area or follow. and if possible when your in a rush even make it so you can pop it on your head to make sure it stay with you. kind of like a hat but if you wear it too long your endurance, hunger and health start going down as its started mind fucking you :P. that would be excellent. Also i know the "normal headcrab" is the best for a pet as you have lamar and has no teeth but if you was to use the put it on your head idea it would have to be normal with teeth so it makes sense why you would loose hp :D it also makes more sense if you had a fastheadcrab and a poison one for a pet.

just a thought... :P
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 am

Alright Eldar I'm fine if a pet headcrab won't fight things, but what about my manhack idea? I thought that idea was one of the best ideas I've ever had to be honest :D
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 am

Not sure how well flying objects will work since they need another type of npc nodes on maps sometimes.
If we did soemthing like this, it would need alot of testing.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 am

I understand. But if you can consider, I'd appreciate it.
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions