Message board

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Message board

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 am

What if there was an in game message board of some type or form that allows players to leave messages/missions/etc. For other players?

It will spawn as an entity or prop or something near/inside the spawn area, And when players walk up to it and "use" it, a small menu interface will pop up on your screen the same way the community/inventory/etc menus do.

Players can write messages on this board, with topics like:
in-game RP notices: such as locations of bases, radio frequencies, and etc.
RP missions/ requests from other players, Such as offering a reward to any player who destroys an irksome Antlion mound.
Recruitment flyers for Players' Various communities

Anything goes so long as it fits RP.

On another hand, Maybe make it so each individual Community can spawn their own message board interface, it can be posted on by level 2 & 3 community members only, but any player in the game (regardless of community) can read it.
I just figured something like this wouldnt be too complicated as far as coding goes, (idk i may be wrong lol)
and that it would help to increase RP on a whole. :D
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Message board

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 am

I dont like the idea of each separate menu for communities, but id love to see it put into spawn. a message board would be pretty epic to have. that will also stop people using OOC to ask about thing, if a group wants them to know, the'll post it on the board.

Good thinking
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:33 pm

well, there are bulletin board/corkboard props, so that won't be a problem, and it doesn't sound like it'd be too hard to code, maybe you'd have to add a node or something to every map for it to spawn? i don't really understand how it would spawn
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:48 pm

The community msg board sounds interesting. Would not be too hard to do I think.

On the public one, I can see some issues though. Would be a bit worried about the random junk some might post.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Yeah the thing about random posts was my concern as well lol
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 pm

maybe code a bunch of words that get censored in it for swearing/bad words. so if anyone types that word it will not show, or show as a black line.

i dunno, i just didnt like the idea of separate ones for communities. only for the fact that a community will stay in there own area so noone would see there board. and would be alot of use in there own base :P.

Then again, i suppose if one of us makes an area for them and people just place theres on the wall there so there all together and people can choose what to read, that could be fun.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Not hard to do, in my head at least. I dunno though. Maybe. We'll see I guess.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions