BEDS!

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

BEDS!

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:28 pm

So i was playing today and thought up the idea. Why not have beds.

Well when i came on the forums the first thing i did was search bed, to be sure no one has suggested it before. i found this:

-Weve all thought it would be cool if a bed spawned when you sleep, but this is a bad idea, it could collide with things, as most sleeping is passing out, it could kill you or others, and it could crash the server if it glitches in a wall. - Bad idea.

Well this was the ONLY thing on it and its NOT really what i had in mind.

Here is my idea: A Bed. simple is it not, well in a way yes. Best suited that the wastelander AND/OR the scavenger can make this item. it is in the shops Tools section and is a bed (<-- no shit Sherlock). You can place it down like any other item, and like most special items, it will do something, what this "something" is would be you can sleep in it. The idea behind this is you can sleep anywhere as usual when your inside BUT if you place a bed not only do you have a good looking sleep but you get X2 (or X3) to health generation as you normally would indoor AND your Endurance will be resumed Twice the usual speed making you have more time for other things.

Another idea to go with the bed could be a kind of well rested bonus as you see in games such as fallout. What this will be is that if you are lower than 75 maybe 85 endurance and you sleep in a bed until you auto wake at 100% you gain well rested that slows your endurance time down by about 25% so you have a longer period before needing sleep again.

P.S: Sorry all of my posts are long. i like to make my point fully understandable and make it need less questions and such :P
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: BEDS!

Postby Lord Rahl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 am

I think this is a great idea. (It can function in the same way as a car as far as preventing any glitching/hacking goes)
It would have to be placed inside, using the indoor/outdoor sensor that radars and miners use, but trigger while indoors instead of outside.
As far as a prop would be concerned: theres matresses, bedframes, and more that could be suitable.
And on a whole it would likely help to increase the roleplay element as far as endurance is concerned.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Not a bad idea, will ponder this one.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Hmm. Lemme think here... Could make it use bedframes. Worried about mattresses, since most of them are ragdolls. Maybe when you press e on it, you select sleep and it moves your ragdoll there like it's laying down. Might work that way with no issues. I'll have to see. Maybe we can make something work.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Try the CS:S bed prop from de_inferno
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:15 am

i guess that would be pretty cool, but would it align to the world? because if it did, i would hate to spawn my bed and see it poking through my wall, would you maybe spawn sorta like how a miner works, and then maybe when you have it how you like you can press E and "make the bed"? :P i know it sounds stupid, just an example
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby DevilsNipple » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 am

just a bed prop that you place down like any other thing and then you can move it where you wish then press use on it to lie down and sleep.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:47 am

i guess that would work, 'td look a little cheezy, knowing how people are with exploitable things.
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Return to PNRP Suggestions