Lord Rahl's New Ideas

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Re: Lord Rahl's New Ideas

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 pm

THe idea of a playable zombie class on such a server seems to be a great idea except for the point made about minges...

Maybe make it a respected only option? ;)

answer will likely be no but i cannot help but insist
lol
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby Remnant John » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:12 pm

that doesn't seem like it'd be much good either, there are only about say, 6 respected people, right?
i don't want to walk around killing people, nor do i think anyone else does.
:lol:
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am

Actually there are ALOT of respected, anybody in the TBU automatically gets it, and most of the TEC do as well due to their long time... "Affiliation" with the server.
Lord Rahl

Postby LostInTheWired » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I noticed I forgot to respond to this stuff. Here's my takes:

1] There will be a lot of construction changes in the following updates. I don't know if I should go into details yet, but it will change the way people play. It will make certain items more important, some classes more dependent on scavenging, and such goodies. Ammo will not be one where a lot of work will go through to do this sort of stuff, but it may be somewhat considered, but not in the way you might expect.

2] If we had larger servers with consistent full server, maybe. With only 16 people, probably not. Just a few smart zombies would break everything. Commands for admins doing like zombie master? Maybe, but probably not. I may need that stuff for another gamemode, but I digress.

3] No. I'm just gonna say no. Health is supposed to be hard to keep max. If you have it max all the time, you should be a rich fuck. Think of it like this. If you have time to just rest every time you're hurt (or heal with kits), then you are rich enough that you don't really have to risk anything anyway.

4] Well, we have said that we're redoing some systems. Like I said, don't know how much I can say without making eldar leer at me disappointingly, but there will be similar changes in the upcoming updates. No details, all I can say until I get the ok from eldar. 'cause I'd pretty much talk about everything, but he likes surprises. XD

6] This is a maybe, in my mind. When weapons drop in a backpack instead, we can probably use the same code for other goodies. Maybe a backpack lying around with a small campfire nearby. Interesting prospect, but it just can't spawn all the time. I'll think about a way to make it balanced, but no promises that it'll show up. Still have to talk to eldar about it more.

7] Not technically based on the HL2 world. Although, I must admit, it wouldn't make a bad gamemode for after major portal storms and the world is destroyed or somesuch. But eh, what'eves. Not what we're going for anyways. Probably not gonna show up.

8] The construction updates will be effecting this sort of stuff pretty hardcore, but it's not gonna be like that. Well, you'll see later on anyways. Like I said, not talking 'till eldar gives me a go ahead, and it may be its own post if he does.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:54 pm

Alright thanks for the feedback :)
Lord Rahl

Previous

Return to PNRP Suggestions