Lots of Ideas for items

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Lots of Ideas for items

Postby Remnant John » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:09 am

okay, tons of ideas on new items for F4, and some other things

first of all, some ideas on the menus in general. i think the Shop menu, should be changed to Construction Menu
it should also ONLY display things that YOUR class can make, and for things like weapons, for scavengers (and other classes that don't make any weapons) it could say "Only Engineers can make Guns!" or something, same with junk and tools

also, i thought, if every food/drink so far is ONLY beneficial to you, why can't it take down some stats? read on and it will be sort of self explanatory.

on to the items!
1. Water
How can you not have water? pretty simple, boosts endurance about 10 points, and hunger -5 because it actually does make you a little hungry, think about it.

2. Melee Weapons
Things like Crowbars, frying pans, and maybe even a 2x4 or something, i always see knifes, i want to see MOAR

3. Poisonable/Spoiled Food
This was already referenced in another topic, but i was thinking, how awesome would it be to poison someone with a free can of beans? but maybe, have it have the slightest green tint on it so you could see that it's spoiled/poisoned?? pretty smart if you ask me. poisoned ones take about 80hp over about 5 minutes, and spoiled stuff you would gain about 10 hunger, but it would take about 20hp in 3 minutes.

4. Traps
PNRP DOES have a bear trap prop, idk what game it's from, it's un-textured, but i was able to spawn it on PNRP, so it has it, either way. i was thinking, maybe a buildable trap, such as a bear trap, which takes down 80hp when triggered (however that may be). though you'd have to do some testing to make sure they weren't exploitable, i think it'd be worth it, spruce up the whole killing process.

5. Radios
not the chat kind of radio, i was thinking, just a buildable junk prop (radio prop), that would play some good post apocalyptic music in random orders, costs about 10 scrap 50 small parts, and like 30 chems.

6. Buckets
picks up dirty water 10 scrap, that's it

7. Dirty Water.
you can get it from ANY water on the map (if it's possible to actually have that doable) via a bucket (see 6.) it fills about 10 hunger and takes down about 1 health

8. Toxin Purifier
only buildable/usuable by the scientist class, it purifies all dirty, poisoned, or spoiled things to good state
costs 60 scrap 60 small parts and 100 chems.

i will add more to this post when it comes to mind by using *EDIT* badges beside each time i edit it.:
no edits yet!
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Lots of Ideas for items

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

I allready am planning some changes to the shop menu. The name change may be a possibility. As for what you can see of other classes, I was planning on leaving that, but having it set the stuff you cant make to grey/dissabled look or something. This way you can see what other classes can do, but ya, that will be changing.

Water, thats a possibility. We could also use it for other aspects, such as plants. Will probably use the milk jug to store water instead of a bucket.
The dirty water and purifier sounds alot like Fallout :P

Melee Wep expantion, had been thinking of expanding this as well.

Poisoned foods, yep, we have thought about making this.

Traps, not a bad idea, will have to ponder this one.

Radios, had thought about this allready acually, but had not posted the idea :P

Good round of ideas.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:41 pm

As he said, he's probably gonna rework the shop menu a bit. That's not one of my areas, soooo...

We've thought about a thirst meter and water requirement with it. So far, we've mostly sided against it. My opimion is of water is if it's use doesn't intuitively coincide with expectations, leave it out.

We do plan to add more melee stuff, we just need weapon models. For someone as inexperienced as me, that becomes extremely tedious. If anyone has a friend that loves modelling and the gm, tell 'em to throw down work examples. We could use the help there.

Poisoned/spoiled foods come down to the fact that we'd have to track every piece of food seperately. A lot of overhead. We'll see, but I seriously doubt it.

Traps are a neat idea, but isn't that what wire is for? Log traps and stuff?

Thought about a cool radio system before. Ever played gmodrp? It had a trasmitter and someone could select songs and stuff. I'd make it so you could voice/text chat and have your own radio station. Have our own threedog, for you fallouters. Also a randomizer so they could go out and work still though. XD

Those ar just my opinions, and I'm never set in stone. Convince me if there's something you really want.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:51 pm

LostInTheWired wrote:Poisoned/spoiled foods come down to the fact that we'd have to track every piece of food seperately. A lot of overhead. We'll see, but I seriously doubt it.

Traps are a neat idea, but isn't that what wire is for? Log traps and stuff?

Thought about a cool radio system before. Ever played gmodrp? It had a trasmitter and someone could select songs and stuff. I'd make it so you could voice/text chat and have your own radio station. Have our own threedog, for you fallouters. Also a randomizer so they could go out and work still though. XD

Those ar just my opinions, and I'm never set in stone. Convince me if there's something you really want.

okay, the food tracking, item tracking, i remember what you said about naming guns and such, so i know what you mean by tracking, but what i was thinking, is, you could have it in the shop as Can o' Beans (p) and then, if scrolled over, (via a bulk drop box or something) it would only show up as Can o' Beans, idk if that would work, but if you thought it could probably work.

about the wire, 98% of everything in wire that even REMOTELY does damage to anyone, is blocked, mostly due to mingebags, this is why i wanted people to have to pay (in materials) to make traps..sorta like a failsafe, minges couldn't make it, but guests who have worked up enough supplies could.

and i really would LOVE that radio idea, that would be truly amazing if that ever came into being. :mrgreen:
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 pm

A thought I had about the poisoned food, is that there is a % chance of creating spoiled food during creation. We allready have a % chance of creation built in, but never really put it to use. As for item tracking, could maybe create Item files for the poisoned food. I will also be adding a variable to the item files so such things as Oranges will not show in shop. If we did poisoned food this way it would also be set not to show.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm

seems like a cool idea, but i don't quite get what you're trying to say.

how would you make Poisoned food?
from what you said it looks like it won't be listed or something? :oops:
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby LostInTheWired » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:02 am

Even so, eldar, wouldn't that still seperate spoiled stacks and regular stacks in the menus since they'd have different ids? I dunno. It's something we'd have to work through and consider keeping on future updates.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:05 pm

The issue I see with poisoned/spoiled food is not necessarily the tracking, but just the fact you're going to double or even triple the number of food items currently in the game. On top of that, as we've seen in some maps, some props can actually picked up as they use the same prop image as the various food items. What'd happen then? Would it default to edible food, poisoned/spoiled? Spoiled food I don't mind the idea of the poisoned food just sounds a bit iffy to me. I don't see there being many opportunities to use it in RP (which I'd assume is it's primary use) since people would be suspicious of free food then.

Spoiled food sounds more plausible to me. Like its been suggested, have a percentage chance that when creating food it will spoil, or alternatively/additionally make it so that food actually has a lifespan, and once it passes this period it becomes spoiled. That would be harder to do I think... As you'd need to constantly track all food items in peoples inventories and give them all their own timer. And I'm not talking each stack... You'd need to track every single orange that drops off your tree, or every tin of beans sitting inside the Community Lockboxes. A bit much me thinks even though its a good idea.

On Water, if this were to be added personally I'd rather have another meter added to gauge Hydration, rather than have it fiddle with Endurance and Hunger. I'm not about to write up several paragraphs on why drinking water won't satiate your hunger... I don't think I even need to, no one here's that stupid as to need to ask why. If they do, be forewarned, my troll mask is sitting right next to my computer table.

For traps... Well, even without some of the Wire gizmos, its very easy to make traps. What I would like to see, however, is for some of the Wire specific explosive items become available on the Shop. Some of them could easily stand in for landmines. And I'd love to be able to make a field of remote operated landmines... Just to keep those infernally annoying ten year olds out of my personal space!!!

Melee weapons: Want. NAO!

Toxin Purifier. Now this is something I'd defiantly like to see should we introduce Water. I've already created the basic works of my own little pumping station for water, and I'd love to stick a purifier in there. Giving it to the Scientist though... I don't know. Perhaps give it to the Wastelander instead? It's the only class at present that doesn't have a resource gathering/converting tool in it's arsenal.
CmdZoidberg

Postby Remnant John » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm

i agree with Zoid on the purifier going to the Wastelander (wtf was i thinking?)
i'd love to see MANY more people play as wastelanders, if i had to pick, i'd chose to have the Wastelander buffed up, alot.

but that's a different topic

i agree with Zoid.
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Return to PNRP Suggestions