Mandatory Help Screen

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Mandatory Help Screen

Postby Remnant John » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:56 pm

i've seen since joining PNRP, that noobs, all most NEVER even KNOW that the help menu exists, so i think, if it is your first time joining, the gamemode should automatically run the "pnrp_help" command

really, this would help ALOT with mingebags.. maybe also have like a say, 30 second wait time for the close button to work? just to ensure they read it?

i think it's a pretty smart idea, you could just have it run the command when it has to make a new player folder, or however that is managed.

seems simple, is it?

*EDIT* maybe even a minute waiting time?
and also, along with the edit, how about some more additions to the Help menu? such as trading, and maybe even an admin list etc etc
Last edited by Remnant John on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Mandatory Help Screen

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 pm

I think that I agree with this.

It sounds like a good preemptive measure to ensure players get the help they need without having problems
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby CmdZoidberg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:35 am

There already is a help screen on start up, it's just too easily ignored because of the big TBU banner that dominates it's top half, most people just skip it. Something more forced and hard to ignore would be welcome, similar to how some RP servers have a questionnaire you must fill out before joining the server. If you fail the questionnaire, you're auto booted from the game.
CmdZoidberg

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 pm

The way you log in will be revamped. Not sure about the question thing, but making the help menu more apparent is a good idea.

I also plan on putting a motd function in pnrp so we can make login less clunky.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions