Suggestions from a friend

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Suggestions from a friend

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 pm

My friend asked me to suggest these ideas for him, his name is JDK_X. It's two new SWEPS.

-Binoculars
-Signal Flares

Thank you for reading
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Re: Suggestions from a friend

Postby Remnant John » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 pm

[TBU|FN] CrazyKid wrote:My friend asked me to suggest these ideas for him, his name is JDK_X. It's two new SWEPS.

-Binoculars
-Signal Flares

Binoculars- potentially a good idea, but you would have to have the swep increase draw distance on some maps, like wasted waters, or even your map in some places. that seems to be the only problem apparent to me.

Signal Flares- also potentially a good idea, but you would have to (again) have the flare seeable from quite a distance, but as most PNRP maps have fog on them..it would be nearly impossible to implement (through my eyes and judgement)

good ideas, but would need some definite work, and in all respects, i don't think the flares would implement at all very good.
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby CmdZoidberg » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 am

If you're adding Binoculars, get rid of the Camera. Since that already -has- a zoom function (unless of course you mean adding the bino's simply for aesthetic value, in which case I'm all for it!)

Signal Flares would be awesome to have in the game, and I don't forsee any issue with being able to see them over a distance. If a barrel, grenade or rocket explodes, do you not see those explosions in the game world from a far distance? I'd like to see something like this added if its possible, since I do often find using my Wazer Beakon a little disruptive of the illusion we try to create, playing in a Post Apoc world.
CmdZoidberg

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Both might not be a bad idea. If we do the Binoculars, we may make the suit zoom its default key or something.

The flare is something we have acually thought about doing.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 am

Binoculars: Been on our list of maybes. If we do do it, what we'll probably do is restrict suit zoom unless you have them in your hands. Or we'll give it a zoom like scopes. We'll see.

Flares: On our list of maybes as well. We just have to do some effect programming, which we've done very little of.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 am

Not sure if this helps or not, but in HL2 Ep. 1, there are flares already. It may or may not be possible to use those somehow, I'd like seeing flares that work like those!
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions