JUST now noticed and more

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

JUST now noticed and more

Postby Remnant John » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

PNRP Sugestions
PNRP Suggestions is the correct juss sayn

also i think the science class needs to be more dependent of other classes, lately i have been maybe, one out of 30 people that is NOT a scientist it's very rare to find a full time engineer(like me)
so i think the scientist class needs less independence, this is because when i was a scientist i was ABLE to play on the server alone. which should be difficult XD
just thought i'd voice my opinion on that

and the spelling error

update** i also noticed if you are in the main directory and it has that little description underneath
that is also spelled "sugestions"
Last edited by Remnant John on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: JUST now noticed and more

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:14 pm

LOL I never actually figured out that it was spelled wrong, I should be paying more attention to detail.

About the classes.. I totally agree with you, John. The engineers are scarce and scientists are everywhere.

This has really triggered some thought, but I can't think of anything conclusive that would require engineer at least 20% more than now.

Scientist has so many tools...grenades, worms (especially worms), turrets, health kits, explosives, and more... They make SO MANY materials off the worms, and with those they can buy health & food and stay alive indefinitely.

Who's to say that an engineer cannot make grenades? Anyone can make a pipe bomb and not have to know how to induce thermonuclear fusion. :D

By the same token: engineer has a lot of tools. They can't make money so easily, it requires planning and you must work with your customers. You sell guns, ammo, saw blades, and furnaces. That's it. The engineer depends on people to buy from their selection which does not rake in so much cash, unless they use price gouging (which no one hardly does). Some people don't even realize that upgrading the engineer class skill makes buying things cheaper, and they'd actually get more profit from the sales they make. I believe that's why it was added like that, so you could get more profit from making sales.

Maybe if more tools were added to the engineer..like a vending machine (?) they'd be used more and it would even out between classes a little.

Personally, I would not go adding more tools to the scientist since they're already decked out with classy items. Scientists are if anything, very capable of doing things. I'd love it for more tools to be added to engineer, and to stay away from adding more tools to the scientist.

Thoughts? Post 'em!
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:15 pm

maybe have the worms require food? so you would need a cultivator more
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby LostInTheWired » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Scientists are definatly not set in stone. Honestly, the only reason worms breed so much is because of bad logic in that section of code. Just ended up pushing the tool update and saying "Fuck it" because it wasn't game breaking. The vending machine will be an engineer build-only tool. We have also considered making worms eat, but that is to be determined. Still, expect some sort of changes in the future.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:46 am

Yep, what Lost said. We also need to bring up the Wastelander as well. Need to add more than just the Radar and End bonus.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Orphious » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Yah I agree with these statment and all, but one thing that I wish would happen is that all the classes would have to reli on each other, not just minimal association between them.
Orphious

Postby LostInTheWired » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:00 am

Well, we try to make it so an individual can survive alone. Some survive far too well. We'll see how we get balance rignt down the road.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions