UndependableAids' Suggestion List

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

UndependableAids' Suggestion List

Postby UndependableAids » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Instead of making multiple topics over the various amounts of suggestions, I decided to create one to easily view all of them. This list will be updated.

- Add player-controlled votes (!votemap, !votepayprops, etc.)
- Add a radio anyone can purchase than enables the buyer to use voicechat. There would be a series of seperate channels they could choose from to join. This would solve the problem people experience when the server has more people where there are too many people talking. Done.
- Add cscdesert (night or day).
- Set the proppay to 0 as a default. This would solve the problem of players having the annoyance of finding an admin to set it to 0 when the server has crashed.
- Add a anti-prop-spam system. The most common one is disabling a player to spawn props too quickly.
- Add steroids that can be created by scientists. When consumed the player's speed increases as well as their jump height for a small time period.
- Add a new resource named "Food". Players could gain food by collecting small scraps from kill creatures or, if a plant system is ever introduced, by harvesting from plants. Any player could consume it raw, but a cultivator could cook it making it 3x as effective. Cultivator does this now.
- Add a new area on the forums where user's can post applications for a Respected membership. The application would consist of reason why you should get it, time played, and some basic info.
- Add rp_tb_city45_v02n to the map list.
- Add a maximum to the resources you can lose on death (or class change). I was thinking that you can only lose 300 of a resource max.
- Change your endurance not to decrease over time when inside buildings. It would still decrease from moving inside a building though.
- When a player is killed my a prop, they do not lose any resources. Almost anytime someone dies from a prop it is due to a prop glitching, and flinging at them. This is 9/10 of my deaths.
-When you die, rather than your equipment dropping separately and often flying all around where you died, how about all your equipment drops into one box on death?
-Have combine "raids" occur 2-3 times a day. This would consist of a combine fort of some sort spawning randomly on the map, with defenses. Weak combine with guns would spawn around the map very slowly until something in the center of their fortress was destroyed. This would encourage some heavy cooperation amongst players and, assuming the fortress would spawn at the same times every day, could rally players to all get on at the same time to join the excitement of the raid.

Last updated November 5, 2010.
Last edited by UndependableAids on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
When in doubt who will win, be neutral.
UndependableAids

Re: UndependableAids' Suggestion List

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:39 am

Never been to fond of voting systems, I have seen it turn ugly real fast soem times.

The Radio is a good idea.

We have experamented with cscdesert soem allready, but it is not as well npc noded as the ones we currently have on the list.
Unfortunetly we are restricted to needing maps that are npc noded, not talking about spawn nodes (Those are created within the gmaemode), but pathfinding would be a better similarity.

Prop Pay is setup where we can just toggle it off without having to change the cost. The idea behind prop cost was that people living in the wasteland had to scrounge up to be able to build stuff. So keeping people from spamming was not the main reasn behind this feature. I may turn it off by default though or greatly reduce the default cost.

Will take a look at anti prop spamming.

We are allready working on adding a Hunger mod of our own with energy drinks and such. Engergy drinks we will probably give to the cultivator class (They are Cooks as well, i guess you could say)
We were also considering a low efficent food that was available to all classes, but would not be any where near as good as the cultivator stuff.

Steroids (or enhancing drugs) was a idea we had talked about earlier on, but was on the back burner. Scince would deffinetly make this.

As for Team Echo membership, Team Echo is owned by Carlover726 and there are forums for the group. I have been talking to him about how we will go about adding people who only play onthe RP server. If you like building as well join the Build server too 208.100.25.11:27015 Alot of stuff is restricted there as well thanks to minges.

Thanks for the sugestions, keep them comming. :)
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby severedskullz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:36 am

Just remember that Anti - Prop spam sometimes interferes with Advanced Duplicator's pasting...
severedskullz

Postby UndependableAids » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:40 pm

I forgot that I made this list. Just updated.
When in doubt who will win, be neutral.
UndependableAids

Return to PNRP Suggestions