Chat command - "/AFK"

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Chat command - "/AFK"

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Sat May 28, 2011 12:39 am

Hello.

I think that a chat command should be added called "/afk". This command would freeze the player and stop him from getting killed by zombies, losing hunger, or endurance. My idea is that the command would automatically disable itself once the player tries to move for 2 seconds.

This would definitely make it so that when you gotta go, you don't have to worry. You shouldn't have to worry about leaving the game unattended, it gets annoying that you have to leave the game in order to preserve your status if you have to leave for (x) minutes. It's either leave the server, or screw it and let yourself die + lose things.

Sometimes, when outside traveling and you have to get off for a minute right then and there, you can't help it when a zombie kills you and you lose your guns, and materials - you don't even have a fighting chance.

I believe that this could vary quite a bit. Like for example: Instead of freezing you on the spot & protecting you from zombies it could put you where you are when you first join the server, before pressing the spawn button. That way when you get back you just press play now and you re-spawn.

Please consider this command, it may be very well worth adding!

Thanks,
CrazyKid.
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Re: Chat command - "/AFK"

Postby LostInTheWired » Tue May 31, 2011 12:44 pm

This is in the plan. No details yet on how it will be implemented, but this is a coming feature.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:22 am

This command could be useful in many ways, but it could be exploited as well.
What if somebody is picking fights with players and killing them, and uses that command whenever hes about to be killed?
Also, things such as miners plants and grubs. People can leave them out and go afk, Letting their stuff produce stuff while they do nothing, or play a flash game in the steam online browser. They would never starve or die and it'd allow overfarming and way too easy of a way to become rich.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Had not thought about the tool exploit problem. I agree though, this will take some throught. We will need to leave a level of risk to the player when afk, probably something similar to when you sleep.

The tool thing i will be tricky. I have never been a fan of making "money" while beeing afk.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby LostInTheWired » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 pm

No worries on that, eldar my man. Stuff like that is easy to prevent. Such as making things stop producing while afk is set, or removing then readding your tools into the world. And afk could simply have a 15 sec timer to ensure you don't use it to duck away from a fight. All of it will have to be playtested and we can tweak it from there, but I think it won't be too much work.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:49 pm

dissabling when afk would be best, that way turrets would not be auto picked up. If stuff did auto return to inventory when afk, it would probably remove alot of reason why alot of people go afk.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions