Classes

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Classes

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 04, 2011 4:37 am

I think that because scientists have almost no purpose for building explosives (with gravity gun push turned off) that the scientist class should get some sort of update. idk what exactly but i have many, many ideas in mind which i will post underneath this later.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: Classes

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 04, 2011 5:06 am

So i think that the Scientist class Should have a special ability to either level up one grub into an antlion that follows them around, Controlled using the HL2 Bugbait. Or something similar. I also think that the basic idea of having a pet that follows you around very interesting: WHether it be antlions, Or even a pet headcrab, It'd be an extremely interesting element indeed.
Lord Rahl

Postby eldarstorm » Wed May 04, 2011 6:44 am

On the back burner I have been tinkering with a pet headcrab for a while now. But since I have had other more pressing things to fix and NPC AI is a pain, I have put it at the bottom of my to do list.

As for the antlion guard, that has been mentioned before.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 am

kk, i understand. But I just got another idea: What if the Scientist has some sort of special relationship when it comes to anything antlion related? Idk: maybe a combat bonus, or the ability to gain resources or something from an antlion mound?
Also: Would there be any way to either make it so that: A) the gravity gun push feature can be made from the tool or weapon menu, B) re-enable the push feature in general, C) Make the gravity gun a (costly) weapon creatable by the scientist?
Speaking of the Scientist class, How about having some form of... Super-Collider, Or Material lab, that allows conversion of Chemicals into other materials like scrap or small parts. This would be useful because often chemicals are in surplus for many players, myself included.
I'm sure there is a prop that would look good for this from hl2 or the episodes.
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions