Permafrost's Last Ideas

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Permafrost's Last Ideas

Postby Lord Rahl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:34 am

So I haven't used the forums in quite a while, but I came back to find some of my older ideas buried or unnoticed, so I'll repost a few of them here. Also, I'm unsure if dev. of PNRP is completed or not, with the new CyberpunkRP gamemode being made, but heres the ideas anyway.

I had an idea that when the Combine drop down in their pod, the pod stays there for a while, and then a Scientist can scavenge something from it, OR, make the wastelander scavenge it (like he does with mounds) to find an item. Perhaps the now nigh-impossible to find, Nuclear Reactor Core (not fusion core), or maybe add a new item that can be found in the pods, In fact, I thought it would be interesting if some kind of component for Supersonic miners, maybe called a "Miner schematic" or "Miner control system" or even something as simple as "Alien Tech" was found- considering the other material-producing item (worms) require a specific, scavenged, component themselves.

Other ideas for what could be retrieved:
-Materials
-A small storage of certain items, or maybe a chance at one of them: (ar2 ammo, medkit, nade, armor etc.)
-A Pulse Rife itself

I also had an idea regarding communities- I think it should be possible to assign specific permissions- such as giving a member the ability to recruit and set titles but not promote or etc.

A special weapon such as a crossbow or something similar, For Wastelander or scavenger- made out of multiple components, either existing ones or add new rarer ones? And make a class that isn't engi. Build ammo for it.
(Waste. or scav. would be best IMO)

I've suggested wind-power, and traps.
I think they should be composed of separate parts, like radars or plants. Using the junky propeller from Ravenholm, which is then attached to a motor.
(the Ravenholm model may already be used as motor component for cars, if so, I'm sure a different prop could work just as well for the trap/windmill)
now, Either the Windmill and trap could be the same thing, and the spinning of windmill will kill zombies and motor generates electric, I think this would be unrealistic though, and I'd suggest different "base tools"/motors for the propeller to attach to, this base will determine the propeller's function.

One last thing, Campfires. I know I keep repeating this but I think its a MUST HAVE for Pnrp, it may be in the to-do list still- I forgot to check. Just in case, I won't elaborate on my campfire ideas: I'll keep it simple.
Campfires in form of either:
-an actual tool or entity dropped from inventory and lit
-built w/materials, lit, light goes out over time, and it costs more materials to refuel fire.
-a swep like turret programmer in form of lighter, or matchbox, used on any wooden prop spawned perhaps, and you can spend materials on it to determine how long the fire will last, cost goes up for longer fire.
The fires could Function as either:
-a source of light
-a tool that increases health regen when sleeping
-an entity needed by cultivator to cook: doesnt apply to oranges or liquor
-a way for non cultivators to cook meat, into either Burnt meat, or something similar. Burnt meat could have same food restoration as raw but w/o risk of damage, or restore same hunger as a can o beans, with or w/o damage.
-a repellent, or attractor, of zombies/antlions. (I know AI is very iffy regarding this, but I threw it in anyway.)
-all, or a mix of, the above ideas.

That's pretty much all I've got. I know Pnrp is borderline a completed gamemode at this point, but I think one or two of these ideas should be implemented before development is totally concluded. Being one of the few players who have seen what the earliest forms of the pnrp gamemode was, I'd like to commend and congratulate Lost, Eldar, and all the other contributors on how far it has came.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Return to PNRP Suggestions