Rebuilt Repeater

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Rebuilt Repeater

Postby TheMrFailz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:11 pm

The Rebuilt Repeater:
The Rebuilt Repeater is a weapon based on Pre-war designs but made in Post-Nuke times by Engineers. It originally during it's Pre-war days when correctly manufactured it had a medium fire rate, slightly higher end damage for an assault rifle, and decent accuracy. Unfortunately due to most of the factories that made these rifles being destroyed during the war, the rifle is not quite able to be made to exact specifications which has given it some side effects... Mostly bad ones.

Damage: 29. Despite manufacturing issues, the rounds this rifle fires have kept most of their damage.
Accuracy: Mediocre. Because of improperly milled gun barrels and loose fitting receivers, the accuracy you find on these guns now a days is fairly shitty. (Not as bad as a shotgun, but not exactly Sniper rifle material)
Fire rate: Relatively low. (Still faster than semi-auto, but it sure as hell isn't a refurb) (Technical info: Delay = 0.140)
Magazine size: 30 SMG rounds
Bullet: SMG
Recoil: Quite bad. (Technical: .75 which doesn't seem to bad on paper, but it's a bucking bronco to some extent when you use it)

Additional info:
While this weapon DOES have iron sights, they are abysmal. (That's what makes the recoil seem so horrid)
I've tried to balance this weapon's higher damage out by making it's accuracy/fire rate on the low side of things.

This weapon is my first swep in the PNRP base so DON'T YELL AT ME THIS TIME.
This weapon WILL NOT FIRE unless in the PNRP game mode.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?63045wcgi0hqwkx

To install: Drop in garrysmod/lua/weapons folder. (You should see the Flechette_gun, fists, and medkit weapons made by Garry in there)

EDIT: IN the process of figuring out how to use Swep Construction Kit so I can make SOME sort of iron sights for this thing. I've got the model made but I need to figure out how to add it to the swep's code.
I support using pulleys as an alternative to winches.
Rail travel: The better way to cross the wastes.
TheMrFailz

Re: Rebuilt Repeater

Postby Remnant John » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:46 pm

well this gun sucks total ass... the only REAL tradeoff that gives you any kind of "advantage" is the clip size combined with the power and fire rate...

just a note here, you have this gun set to 29 damage, but you've way overpowered the damage with tremendous downsides..

the badlands rifle does 80 damage per shot, 120 if it's a headshot, so the first thing i'd do to this gun, is up the damage to about 70
then, i'd leave the accuracy at mediocre, to counter some advantages i'll get to in a sec
keep the fire rate the same, but have selective fire over auto/semi
same mag size
same ammo
recoil, tone it down a TONE, it's a repeater, designed to fire many bullets in succession, not a sniper rifle like you stated. at most, it should have the same recoil as an ak or smg-lost

P.S. LostintheWired usually codes our guns, so you'd probably need to wait for him to check your code and stuff before it goes in
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Re: Rebuilt Repeater

Postby TheMrFailz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm going to change the following:
Lower damage (a little)
Lower recoil
Fix the ironsights (They're a little spazzy during firing. As in, they sometimes clip through the gun)

I'll edit this when I fix it.
I support using pulleys as an alternative to winches.
Rail travel: The better way to cross the wastes.
TheMrFailz

Return to PNRP Suggestions