Gas Pumps as "The vending machine of fuel".

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Gas Pumps as "The vending machine of fuel".

Postby TheMrFailz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:15 pm

I was driving around today, looking for chems so I could make more fuel for my car, and eventually I stopped at the gas station. (CSCDesert) I thought, Damn wouldn't it be cool if these actually worked and I could buy gas from here instead of screwing around looking for chems.

Gas Pumps would act as vending machines for fuel. It would have two styles of vending, the first being you move your car/airboat within X distance of the pump and you choose how many jerry cans worth of fuel you want to fill your car with. The second style of vending would be selling actual gas cans/jerry cans (What ever you want to call them.).

You might ask, "Well why wouldn't you just use a regular vending machine to sell gas cans? You'd just have to take them back to your car." The issue I have with doing that is that it's annoying to have to carry 10 cans back to your car, then individually put them in, not to mention dangerous because at any time some derp could walk up to your canister, knife it and potentially kill you.

Pump owners would set a price of their choosing (AKA X Scrap, X Small parts, X chems) and then put in the cans they want to sell. The pumps would be hopefully non-explosive... For reasons mentioned before.

Edit: Just searched. Someone else suggested this but the thread was made in 2010. AIN'T NO WAY I'M BUMPIN A THREAD THAT OLD!
I support using pulleys as an alternative to winches.
Rail travel: The better way to cross the wastes.
TheMrFailz

Re: Gas Pumps as "The vending machine of fuel".

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:42 am

Probably wont be making map gas stations work like that since its the wasteland and most would not work realistically.

That being said it is also possible that we may make a player droppable gas pump that could be filled by a player and others could drive their car up to, to refill.

As far as having to carry 10 gas cans across the map, you can place them in inventory by pressing F2 on the can. You will probably have to own them first.
eldarstorm
Developer

Re: Gas Pumps as "The vending machine of fuel".

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 am

Oh ya, about bumping old threads. I do not mind as long as the added suggestion is good, or if none of the Dev team has commented on it much.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions