Vending machines require power.

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

Vending machines require power.

Postby bizzclaw » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:53 am

It's quite simple, making vending machines require power to operate, maybe about 100? The reason behind this lies in my nostalgia from the super old versions of PNRP when all of trading was done through player interaction. Now I get on my server and see 5+ Vending machines crowding spawn. It's a bit sad that there is not down side to selling things from a vending machine. I'll probably look at the power code and figure out how to do it myself anyways. Still, I thought it was a suggestion worth mentioning.
bizzclaw

Re: Vending machines require power.

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:11 am

Sounds quite interesting actually. They dont exactly have a down side and they do crowd spawns, i myself used to set one by spawn that people will need.

Power seems like a great way to control them, so people cant setup and leave them forever. and if you leave the server you'd have to fill your vender up so its good for power when your gone, if your offline too long it'l run out and cant be used. people wont be able to just leave them forever, come back in a couple days if the map hadnt changed and get lots of money.
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Not sure if we will require power for them, will ahve to think on it.

I am thinking about making a rule about no vending machines near spawn though. Its not really fair to people who acually spend the time to setup a real store.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby bizzclaw » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Yeah, I made that a rule on my server after people were spawning -IN- the vending machines. xD
bizzclaw

Return to PNRP Suggestions